Forum Thread: C or C++ or C#

Hello Null-Byte community. I know a few programming languages but I wanted to add a new one to my toolbox. What is the difference between C, C++, and C#, and more importantly, which one do you think I should learn? Thanks in advance!

-GV

9 Responses

Depends on what you want to do? If you're looking to get into a career in programming, starting with C will give you the lowest level look and will help force you to understand a lot of the low level details of memory management. Move up to on C++ to learn about object oriented development, then move to C# when you want to get real work done quickly with a modern language using a modern runtime, & painless garbage collection.

Well I'm already a programmer of sorts. I'm good with Arduino, HTML/CSS/Javascript, and a little bit of others. Which of the three C's would be the best for an aspiring hacker?

It really depends on what you're trying to achieve. Hacking is an umbrella term and that covers an incredibly large amount of subjects. C and C++ are pretty much the same except if you wanted more higher level abstraction and an OOP option, C++ would be what you want, else C can pretty much do whatever C++ can. As for C#, it's a much more abstracted language which is used to make larger and sophisticated applications. Each of these language can do whatever the others can but choosing the appropriate one is a different and more important matter which, as I've already stated, depends on what you're trying to achieve.

I get what you're saying, but I don't really know yet what I am trying to achieve. Can you point me in the direction of a project to improve my skills?

Again, that depends on what subject of security in which you're interested.

I'm really open to anything. I've experimented around with meterpreter and phishing and wireless hacking and some other stuff, but in terms of programming for hacking, I'm a beginner. I have a programming background but not for hacking. So what do you think would be best for a beginner.

Ok thanks. By the way, you're the new admin right?

Is there any thing C can do but C++ can't do and can you suggest me a book to become software engineer beginner to advance .

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active