Forum Thread: Can't Crack Any Wi-Fi

Can't crack any wi-fi my pc simpliy can't find none when I use fern wi-fi cracker....

can't hack any wi-fi router due to I have no idea what issue. When I start to scan for WEP & WPA - nothing. If that helps when I type:this is what shows up I've seen different anwers on many forums and none seems to work.

iwconfig
eth0 no wireless extensions.

lo no wireless extensions.

wlan0monmon IEEE 802.11abgn ESSID:"Acces Limitat!"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: 64:70:02:52:28:30
Bit Rate=150 Mb/s Tx-Power=22 dBm
Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Encryption key:off
Power Management:on
Link Quality=68/70 Signal level=-42 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:97 Missed beacon:0

PHY Interface Driver Chipset

phy0 wlan0monmon iwlwifi Intel Corporation Wireless 3160 (rev 93)

12 Responses

Are you running kali via live USB?

Make sure your wifi card in your computer has a Ralek (I may have mispelled it) chipset. I know those Alfa (did I mispell this too?) adapters, T-Link, and some others have it.

It's my main OS, I don't have a USB Wireless Adaptor, I tought I can crack wi-fi with my wireless card (you know the one that every laptop has). Or maybe I get something wrong. I tought it's not 100% necesary to have an Alfa-like adapter.

I use a Panda WiFi adapter, its a lot cheaper than an Alfa, but only runs on 2.4GHz frequencies.

also, what is your main OS?
Many of us here use Kali, or another security distro

Only OS that I have on my laptop is Kali Linux 2.0. Do I actually need to buy a USB Wireless Adaptor to hack other ppl's wi-fi?

Well I can see an ESSID there...

This is the wi-fi spot to which im connected, im having issues with hacking someone's wi-fi

Well, obviously your wireless adapter does scan the air, what suite are you trying to use on the router you were requested to test?

Because that's what you are allowed to do, not random hacking.

"Mode:Managed"
if your card supports packet injection, then you need to set it to Monitor mode before trying to scan for APs
steps:
ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
ifconfig wlan0 up
airmon-ng start wlan0
airodump-ng wlan0mon

when I type in terminal first command :
ifconfig wlan0 down
"wlan0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device"

what interfaces do you get when you type ifconfig?

eth0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 65536
wlan0monmonmon: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

first try this command:
airmon-ng stop wlan0monmonmon
then repeat the previous commands i told you about. if the problem isn't solved, reboot and repeat those commands
EDIT: the last command airodump-ng wlan0mon can sometimes become: airodump-ng wlan0

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active