Forum Thread: Choosing the Right Wifi Adapter for Kali-Linux 2.0, VirtualBox Mac OS X

hi guys

i am new in this forum, therefor i need you help. I am looking for the best tested usb wifi adapter/dongle for kali-linux running under mac os x.

thx

9 Responses

I run Kali Linux through VirtualBox in my mac. I would recommend the Alfa AWUS036H as it works right out of the box and it has good range.

Another one that I just recently bought is the Panda 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter which also works right out of the box.

You can find both on Amazon.

The Panda one looks just like a flash drive so it is more stealthy but the range isn't as great as the Alfa.

I got the Panda 300Mbps adapter. Its plug and play for Kali Linux (no need for installing drivers)

PRO:

• Cheaper than Alfa adapters (that I've looked through)
  • Fast

CON:

• Only works on the 2.4Ghz frequency (no support for 5Ghz :/ )
  • Sort of quick to heat up during use.

Which version of OS X do you have ?
Could you confirm it working on 10.11.X ?
Thanks. D.

thank you very much CL0CK :-)

AWUS036H is a good choice for 2,4 Ghz. would it be great to find one for both 2,4/5 Ghz, with a Mbp/s around 300 or higher :-)

Just something I'd want to warn before buying an Alfa,
check to make sure the adapter is a legitimate one (and not a fake one)
seeing as there's been people getting fooled into buying fake ones..

Hey Guys, we have started conducting some tests in kali and have the same issue as Kudos running Kali inside virtualbox/vmware fusion just checking about the adaptors to use:

Alfa AWUS036H & Panda 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter if these work right out of the box is that the case guys? Thanks

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active