Forum Thread: Every time when I use Hydra to attack on gmail, it gives me a new wrong password at every new attempt. Why is that so?

5 Responses

I have had this problem before when trying to dictionary attack my router with hydra. I got it to work by nmapping my router (nmap -T4 -A -v {my router ip}) and I found out that it was because I was using the default port so I used the -s option to select a port that was open on my router that I found from the nmap scan. Then it stopped giving me false passwords. Try this out! (The command to find the open ports for gmail.com would be: nmap -v -A gmail.com. Then when you find an open port use the -s option to use that open port and it shouldn't give you false passwords after that! Good luck ! :P (If you can't find any open ports use 80 or 443)

Thanks, buddy! :)
Gonna try it rn.

Gmail and a lot of sites nowadays will stop all attempts from a certain IP after a number of attempts in a certain time period. I think proxy chaining can work around this but I've never done it before. Also, I don't know if it is true, but it would make sense for such a big company like Google to instead of banning the IP to temporary deactivate the account so if the hacker was to change IPs after a number of logins to the account it would be temporarily disabled.

Basically websites will ban/disable the ip/account after a number of attempts in a certain time period.

i have the same probleme for every service of hydra , i have the message "error all children..." so want do to the proxy programe but i don't know how to do it , so if you can explain me how to do this that gonna be really really helpful.

+-# hydra -l admin -p nmap.lst.txt 192.168.0.1/24/

Hydra v9.4 (c) 2022 by van Hauser/THC & David Maciejak - Please do not use in military or secret service organizations, or for illegal purposes (this is non-binding, these ** ignore laws and ethics anyway).

Hydra (github.com/vanhauser-thc/thc-hydra) starting at 2023-03-24 15:36:12
DATA max 1 task per 1 server, overall 1 task, 1 login try (l:1/p:1), ~1 try per task
DATA attacking 192.168.0.1:21
ERROR all children were disabled due too many connection errors
0 of 1 target completed, 0 valid password found
Hydra (github.com/vanhauser-thc/thc-hydra) finished at 2023-03-24 15:36:22Please Help

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active