Forum Thread: Fundamental Terms for Newbie Hacker

Hello again.. I am Romeo64 and it's my 3rd post...Recently I have been examining that many aspiring hacker newbies are recklessly excited about hacking but most of them lack basic fundamentals of networking which are essential to become a MASTER HACKER . .ALRIGHT LET'S BEGIN. ....

Image via htistelecom.in
  • SUBLETTING AND SUBNET MASK :

Simple enough it is basically refered as breaking of a large network WAN into small networks also called subnetworks or simply subnet. ....

You might be wondering about the reason for subnetting right ?? Here is the reason===*

The information/packet requested by you might come in your WAN but it would get easily lost in the traffic...if it doesn't know in which part or subnet of the whole network your system resides...

When the packets comes to the router of your LAN the Subnet mask helps the router to know Wether the packets belong to your LAN OR NOT...

• PORT :

Simple again a port can be understood by considering the following situation. ....Consider a huge building with different types of services A,B,C,DO. for instance. ..the whole building has same physical address

Alright now consider the physical address as IP address but the port takes us to the correct service in the building. ...

there are 65536 ports available presently out of which some are private ports while others are responsible for providing common services like SMTP FTP HTTP SSH..etc

• PROXY SERVERS AND PROXYCHAINS :

Huh!!..take it easy ...nothing tough basically proxy servers allows different users to access information. ..and surf Internet through them...as your request is fulfilled through them your IP address is hidden what we commonly call. GETTING ANONYMOUS ..(hmm!! Still awake?? :) )

We can use more than one proxy servers in a row this is referred as proxy chain this makes you Anonymity more STRONGER ... pretty cool huh !!!

What next...

• DHCP / DOMAIN HOST CONFIGURE PROTOCOL :

Easy... The IPV4 version which is being used currently does not have enough IP addresses to meet all requirements... As the users of Internet are increasing with a huge rate. Thus to solve this problem the IP addresses were divided into two categories Static IP and dynamic IP *

each time we access the Internet the DHCP of over ISP assigns us a dynamic IP address to to provide us unique identity in our LAN...

• NAT OR NETWORK ADDRESS TRANSLATION :

Continue.... Once we are assigned a dynamic IP by DHCP we have a unique identity in our LAN you got it only our LAN thus we cannot use this IP to surf the Internet... This is where NAT strikes in... Our router behaves as a NAT and has a static non varying IP address thus whenever we request any stuff from the internet our request first goes to the NAT ( our router) which fulfills our request and sends us our requested data packets from the internet...

Feeling Bored.... Have a look at this :

• SIP OR SESSION INITIATION PROTOCOL :

Ever wondered how Skype, MSN and stuff like video conference.. Works??..
Here is the ANSWER SIP....Let's see how it works.... Lock &Load
SIP initiates
VOIP (voice over Internet protocol) sessions.

In this the information source i. e. Your voice. Video text etc..is converted into network packets to travel over Internet to its destination

AS YOUR MESSAGE TRAVELLS OVER INTERNET, ITS ABSOLUTELY FREE now that's pretty cool huh??!! hey.. There are numerous small things which happen behind the scenes when you Skype someone or use an instant messaging service... which I am leaving here as they are beyond the scope of this post.....

Keep coming back the path is a long one....GOOD LUCK
R64

2 Responses

No offence dude, but please spellcheck your article before posting. Typos in an article look unprofessional.

Allow me to offer some constructive criticism. Your writing style feels very rushed. You charge through your subjects without fully rendering each one. I don't think a newbie is really going to benefit a whole lot. For network fundamentals, I strongly recommend the series published here by PySec. His tutorials are absolutely first-rate.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active