Forum Thread: Hello Guys,

I bought second hand Apple MacBook Air and the time I was configuring the settings, the system lock. Of course I don't know the pin, I don't know the password, I don't know the ID. The only thing I know is the name of the administrator and I thing- the server. I have never before Mac and I didn't know the security system they have, to be more careful. Now I am trying to find a way to set back the system. I try the buttons ( command-R-P) - nothing happen. I have Kali in VM ,but I am knew in all these things and I need a time to understand everything well. That's why I am asking for help, please.

5 Responses

Call the Owner Or reinstall Mac OS X

Do this.

ghost_

Thank you, but I don't like the easy way.

Well you're just gonna make it Harder for yourself, You could use KonBoot to Bypass the login and maybe you could change them later, I don't really know since i haven't tried it before, Hope it works

I've been using a mac for some years now,

but judging by what others have wrote, (obviously we don't know whether you legitimately bought the mac or stole it), I'd agree with them that you contact the previous owner and ask for help. Because the mac is still linked to their iTunes, they could remotely wipe the data on the mac, then you would get a fresh "out-of-the-box" mac.

Also, if you want to run Kali with the macAir,

Its easier running it via a liveUSB, with an external wifi adapter. For some reason, macbook air's internal wifi adapter doesn't respond the Kali (as in Kali can't detect it as wlan0).

I'll just leave it as this.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active