Forum Thread: Host a Website on PC(Kali Linux)

Hello guys! I wanted to know how to host a website on my computer..

I know the apache2 in kali which allows me to host a website on the local network... I don't want to host a website on the local network only... I want to host it on pc for all people can access it from everywhere! could u please help me ? I'm still a beginner in these stuff...

so again. I use Kali Linux... if this process doesn't work on Kali Linux, its okay.. I can download windows on a vmware please am waiting for ur reply guys :)

10 Responses

It's really easy, do a search for setting up website for apache, there are a number of tuts, Then purchase a static ip (this way your site can be found via DNS) then send your site to google for indexing.

edited section

Oh ya forgot, you will still need to purchase a domain name if you plan to make it public, if it's private for friends the static ip will be enough.

cant seem to reply as my post gets messed up. When I try to reply it appears to try to post as html and does not save the post.

perhaps a mod will be kind enough to move the below into his question below.

you cant go public without a domain. DNS stands for Domain Name Server. By purchasing a domain your site will get listed in the server. So when people type in Ahmedhackingsite.com (which hosting on kali might be an indicator) they will be directed to your site.

You will have to check with your ISP to see if you have a static ip, and if so if you have more than one to use. Some ISP's include them with the service. When hosting a site it is always best to have exclusive ip address that is just for you

see here for more info on static and dynamic ip's http://whatismyipaddress.com/dynamic-static

ohh dude.. I wanted to host it for free.. like just putting my external ip address and then enter my website... got it? I dont want to buy a domain name ... and can "I have a static ip address for free?

Put your website in /var/www/ then go in Kali -> Services -> HTTP -> Start apache.

Then just open your port in your router and redirect it to your local IP. Then share your public IP or use a DNS Server like no-ip.org or dyndns.

Apache default port is 80.

In my mind that kind of question should not be here on Null Byte, it refers to computing basics you can have many many informations on Google.

Good luck and Have fun

that still does not resolve if he has a dynamic or static ip. He would have to keep updating his dns if its dynamic. Is this correct.

nvm, should of read on it before posting that question.

edited, ok this site glitch is really upsetting me, sometimes i can post a reply and sometimes not. this is the edited section below

Thank you xarkes, as I messaged you I am about ten years out of date on my above post. I also found you can get free domains from smaller country's. According to what I have found I think .free is the best as most are really just setting up subdomains, same as you would get from like no-ip. Keep in mind peeps, most free domains would get you buried in google as google will want to protect their users. With free you can get (AhmedsIwannaHackYou4.free) instead of, ahmedsIwannahackyou4.no-ip.com. just a for instance.

did this post, checking the site glitch

hummm ok that worked

Same problem here... I did assign a http server to my kali machine in router setting... That way if i tipe my external ip i'll connect to my kali server. Apache is on... Btw i tried to do a social engineering experiment. But it doesn't work. When i put my external ip in my phone's browser it doesn't connect. I think that my ISP blocks port 80.. And i don't know how to open it. I tried to use noip service but it doesn't change nothing. When i checked the port 80/ 8080 with www.yougetsignal.com my ports are closed. Plizzz help me!

if it works on local then just go to ruter and port forward port 80 and put your local ip then using your global ip everybody can access your site

Hi everyone,

Web hosting is dirt cheap these days, but there's still a bit of a geek factor in running a site off your own DSL home connection. I used to do this myself back when cable-based Internet first came to my area.

But for buying domain i suggest following best 3 domain and web hosting providers.

HostGator - Unlimited disk Space with Uptime

Siteground - Reliable, SSL Certificate, ModSecurity & 20x server speed

GoDaddy - Domain with affordable web hosting service

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active