Forum Thread: How to insert a BACKDOOR on a system if you have the IP address and some port open ?

Hello.

I would like to know please, to use the payload "windows / meterpreter / reversetcp" for example, must necessarily add a backdoor with "msfvenom" in the target system. But how then add the backdoor with "msfvenom" if there is no access to the target computer system?

How to add a Backdoor with "msfvenom" to a target computer if we have only the IP address and some open port on the target system ???

Thank you.

3 Responses

I would suggest looking for open ports and the services running on those ports. Then research the known vulnerabilities associated with said services. Then learning as much as you can about how you can possibly gain access to the system to accomplish your goal via those vulnerabilities. I would also suggest becoming as familiar as possible with the tools and techniques used in those exploits so that you can tweek them as necessary. I haven't been doing this very long, but I feel like this is sound methodology. Though, I am totally open to criticism. I hope I could help out a bit.

the MS08-067 exploit was a beautiful thing. No need for any client-side action; just a few keystrokes and you were on their system.

But since that exploit is so well-known I highly doubt it would work in your situation (still worth a try though if they're running XP or 2003). Other than that, your best bet is to use ROMEOANDJULIET's suggestion.

If you're asking this sort of question, then you've gone too far ahead of yourself.

You need to perform reconnaissance, we harp on about it because it's incredibly important. Great, you have an IP and open port. But what about the OS? AV? Software installed? Et cetera.

Have you ever heard of Sun Tzu?

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Now while this may not be a war you're undertaking, the underlying concept is relevant.

Go back, read more articles by OTW.

ghost_

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active