Forum Thread: Kali Linux Is Very Unstable on Dual-Boot Macbook Pro Retina

Hello guys, I recently installed Kali Linux on my Macbook Pro Retina (Late 2012) as a dual-boot OS. I can boot into it fine and have no issues logging in. However, there is a problem.

When Kali tries to run a process or do anything semi-intensive, it becomes VERY unstable

I took a video of this and will try to post it later.

The screen starts to go haywire:

• Lines all across the screen
  • Screen starts glitching back and forth

This happens when I run a command or use the browser. Basically anything that causes the system to work other than just sitting there looking pretty. I thought that this was an issue with my USB stick when I was running Kali on my Live USB... Turns out, it is actually an issue with my Mac??

I have come to this conclusion because I have experience it now from a Live USB and also from a dual-boot install.

If anyone has any idea, please let me know. I have been searching like crazy and can't find anything.

Thanks in advance!

4 Responses

I have a 2010 MacBook Pro and it works just fine (USB and CD).

Might be a problem with intel integrated graphics and gnome. Had this happen to me on an archlinux gnome install. resolved the issue by using another gpu to render graphical apps

It's strange how after I posted this I got a thing to install flash. I installed it and now things are running pretty smoothly... No issues so far. Could flash have really been the problem? Even when running terminal commands??

Graphics issue... solution

EDIT:
The file you add to '/etc/pm/sleep.d' causes the laptop to continue running once the top is closed...

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active