Forum Thread: Kali on Other Devices

Hi everyone
This my first question on this forum i had a account previously but forgot the password.
My question is

What is the possibility of running kali on other devices apart from a standard PC? i would find it really convenient if i could pen test through something smaller and more portable like a tablet.

If this is possible what devices or hardware allow kali to be run on devices like tablets and mobiles.

7 Responses

you would find it really convenient if that could pen test through something smaller and more portable like a USB stick.

which is the way nowdays, ;)

I know it can be done through a USB stick but i was wondering if it could be installed on devices like tablets or phones.

Also im kind of worried about messing up my laptop with the Kali USB

There are many different images for different systems.. I suggest look at kali's main website. Hope that helps. :)

As you will find around these forums, the Raspberry Pi 2 is suitable to use as a hacking box.

But you can also use tablets, smartphones etc. For these you should use a GUI that can handle touchscreen-input, i think there is a gnome derivative for that, but i am not sure. A Google search will help you with that.

Also worth noting that Linux deploy can seriously limit Kali.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active