Forum Thread: No Internet Connection in Kali VB Bridge Mode

I installed Kali as Virtual Box, when in NAT mode it works fine, but when in bridge mode there is no internet connection, I tried both with the LAN cable and the WiFI but status of network is "Connecting". Is there some specific setting I need to make?

3 Responses

Some APs don't allow the assigning of different IP addresses to the same interface, in that case you'll need to use NAT instead of bridge. If you want an IP address of that AP (instead of your virtual dhcp server when using NAT) you can use an external adapter.

Sorry, what is AP?

But if I use NAT, I won't be able to pen test my host Windows system from VB Kali, right? I would need 192.168...IP address. I guess I would need external wireless card?

Wikipedia:

In computer networking, a wireless access point (AP) is a device that allows wireless devices to connect to a wired network using Wi-Fi, or related standards. The AP usually connects to a router (via a wired network) as a standalone device, but it can also be an integral component of the router itself. An AP is differentiated from a hotspot, which is the physical space where the wireless service is provided.

In respect to the other question, you'll still be able to reach any host on your network as long as your main host is connected to the AP.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active