Forum Thread: [QuickQ]on Upgrading Kali?

So this is my Quick issue, its been over two years now since the last time that I've installed Kali on my USB, and I've been carrying that USB card on my wallet during the whole time while studying English literature in college, and i was never FREE enough to dive in the world, but from time to time i look at it and wonder when... (lame history stuff).

in short I've been using this outdated version on my USB just fine for quite a while now, and lately thinking about installing it from that same USB on another laptop that i just bought . The question is : is it possible to upgrade the version on the USB that i have since it hold personal value, or will i just need to use another one? ,,

2 Responses

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get autoremove

when i applied the command line that you gave to upgrade on The live version,, it worked (althou 0 upgraded ,, 0 newly installed ,,, no changes) ,, i'm trying to make them last, i go for persistence mode,, however there it gave me the following line

sudo: unable to execute /usr/bin/apt-get: Input/output error !!??
i guess that i should make a few edits on the persistence mode but i don't know which ones !!!
but thanks your answer was helpful

Kali GNU/Linux 1.1.0

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active