Forum Thread: Troubleshoot Wireless Card

Hi i posted a question on kali forum but nobody seem can help me there; i copy the post here looking for somebody that can help me resolving these two issues that don't let me do almost anything.

"Hi all, i recently acquired an alfa AWUS036NH but i'm having some issues.

I'm using kali 2.0 and now i have a PCI wireless card and a USB wireless card (alfa AWUS036NH). When i try to use the second one i need to use airmon-ng check kill or it don't go in monitor mode and when i do it it says that kill the process wpasupplicant. At this point i'm able to use my card but after 2-3 minutes it stop to work, and stop to work also the PCI one that i try to use with the my wifi, it stay connected but don't load any pages. This until i reboot the system.

Also, i don't know if this can be the issue, when i start the system i have this error:
failed to start open vulnerability assessment system scanner daemon in kali 2.0
i tried the commands:
openvas-stop
openvas-start
as i saw in a post here and i get this error:
Starting OpenVas Services

Job for openvas-scanner.service failed. See 'systemctl status openvas-scanner.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

Job for openvas-manager.service failed. See 'systemctl status openvas-manager.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

Any idea how to get the wireless cards work?"

There is somebody here that know how to resolve these issues? I looked on google for a while but nothing work :(

2 Responses

Let me guess you are using VirtualBox?

No, Kali 2.0 is the only OS on this PC

Edit: Also, the Alpha card is already upgraded to the max power, but didn't changed the standard max power to Bulgary like Occupytheweb did in a post that i can't find anymore, can be this the issue?

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active