Forum Thread: 16GB USB Is Now 2.64GB

I gave my USB to my friend he was doing some shrinking to his LAPTOP drive's. When he give it back to me, My USB capacity decrease to 2.64GB.. Any Solution??

8 Responses

I have had that issue before. Not sure how to fix it. I realized mine was a fake Chinese knockoff which was going around at the time. Either that, or possibly a flash chip has died. Also check the USB plug end, quite possible its been snapped or cracked causing a read issue.

You may try to format the usb drive, it will set a new and fress partition

If you have a windows pc then follow these steps:

1. Open cmd
  2. Insert your flash drive into your pc
  3. Type "diskpart" (without speech marks) into the cmd
  4. If it asks for admin perms accept it
  5. Type "list disk"
  6. Find the usb drive on the list
  7. Type "select disk=the number of the disk"
  8. Type "clean"
  9. Type "format" WARNING: THIS WILL DELETE ALL DATA ON THE DISK. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT DISK SELECTED BEFOREHAND
  10. It'll take about 10mins.
  11. Done!

Thank You for your reply..
I am on 9th step. When i enter FORMAT this appear NO volume selected.Please select volume and try again.
HOW to select VOLUME now.

Type list volume and the take note of the letter/number of the volume which you wish to select.

To select that volume, type select volume=? (replace ? with the letter/number).

TRT

Yeah Same problem of mine but now fixed after you have run the clean command just exit the cmd and Right Click On Computer>Manage>Disk management> Go to your Drive that you want to re partition and right click on it> and Click on New simple Drive (or 1st option) and Click on Next until it finished and its Done. Enjoy and thanks for your support...

May be your friend divided your pen drive into two partition and one partition is in "unlocalised" state .

there are multiple partitions, reformat the usb using rufus

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active