Forum Thread: Apt-Get Problem

hi there

i have a problem caused by my internet connection i was simply using commads "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" while doing that my internet connection went down so when it came back kali were already skipped the download part and started patching.After that i tried "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" again but after few seconds it only says "0 upgraded 0 newly installed 0 to removed and 427 not upgraded" my internet connection was lost nearly %50 so i want to get the rest of the updates i was wondering that if someone could help. thanks for reading.

11 Responses

Can you send pictures of the error?

apt-get dist-upgrade

will my files and apps get effected?

nope. you're all good. Nothing bad happened. All you gotta do is 'apt-get dist-upgrade' when ever you get that 'X not upgraded' msg. I always do 'apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade'. After doing that if you get a message 'X is no longer needed use apt autoremove to remove packages', run apt autoremove.

I'm pretty sure apt-get dist-upgrade removes the old packages, which were upgraded.

no those packages don't get removed then replaced with an updated version, they're UPGRADED. apt-get dist-upgrade never removes any packages, that's up to the user to do using apt autoremove.

If you don't want the old packages deleted, you might wanna run apt-get upgrade

screenshot that i send is the result of the apt-get upgrade :/

u do apt-get dist-upgrade

Try to use apt-get autoremove && apt-get autoclean and after that you can use
apt-get dist-upgrade, and everything should be upgraded.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active