Forum Thread: Are There Any Live Group Chats to Discuss These Topics? (Skype, Msn, Etc)

I am learning the ropes of Linux currently and running Kali trying to learn the tricks of the trade per-say, and I don't want to clog up the forums with waste posts.

I'd love to join an active chat to learn from you guys (as well as from tutorials on here)

16 Responses

The only one that I know of is the i2p channel #nullbyte, however, it's no longer active.

I'm not even sure that it exists anymore. Kudos to you for not wanting to clog up the forums, but if you have a question, don't hesitate to ask. You can use the comments section within any of the guides of something you're having trouble understanding and someone in Null Byte such as, OTW, Cyberhitchhiker, Ciuffy, or even myself will see it.

ghost_

Yes you can always ask here, and also check out IRC since you said you wanted an active chat, though i'd read up a guide on IRC first if you decide to use it.

Edit: there may or not be channels that discuss what you want but there may be someone around.

IRC = Sleep Disorders and NOP quiz's
You have to find the right network and you will find the best h4><0r rooms you should never be in..
Never accept anything from anyone even if you ask for it...

Thank you guys for the quick replies
I'll be sure to keep these things in mind.

I'm sure i'll be throwing some questions out there in the comments soon enough.

Most of us are rather, guarded with our personal details, so skypes out of the question. There is certainly potential for the I2P channel to be reopened it was discussed a while ago but never eventuated. If more people start asking the question I'm sure it could be relooked at by some of the senior guys.

In the mean time certainly hang around here, ask questions on anything, it's certainly the most friendly place in the security community, and if you're prepared to learn. People are always prepared to teach, or at least point you in the right direction so you can learn by doing.

I'm all for the i2p channel to be reopened; so long as we get some traffic in there.

ghost_

I'm with you.

I was thinking about making a i2p channel last night. I would definitely be in everyday. It'd probably be better for someone more experienced to run the channel but i'm all for it.

Hey John,

howd you go?

I was trying to set it up but I couldn't quite figure it out how to connect to the channel
I was just patiently waiting your tutorial to get set up

I'm all for it. If it's a place to share my knowledge (that I'm not banned from), count me in.

You'll have to make a special effort to piss someone off to get banned from IRC

setting it up now

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active