Forum Thread: Can I to Install Kali Linux on a Portable DVD-CD ???

Hello.

I wonder whether if it's possible to install Kali Linux on a DVD or CD to use as a portable software already installed (DVD / CD) and use on any computer without having to post the install on this machine before using it ???

I just want to know if it is possible ?!

Thank you to inform me please.

3 Responses

Yes, it is, but using DVD Live has a disadvantage - everything you do is saved in RAM and after shutdown computer whole your data are lost - I mean downloaded files, written scripts, tabels of local database. So much better solution, as we talk about portability, is to create Live USB with persitance mode (at least 8GB USB drive is needed) - data are gathered on USB drive and fully portable.

ok geat thank for you but I would like to know if I install Kali on a USB stick (as USB sticks are often vulnerable to virus infections), if the virus will not attack this quickly and destroy my laptop installation of Kali ???

There is not a better way to install Kali on a key without that key is subsequently infected with viruses later, virus infection that could attract the destruction of my installation of Kali ???

Thank you to inform me please.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active