Forum Thread: Can I Remotely Control/Use My Smartphone's WiFi Adapter from My Computer?

Can I Remotely Control/Use My Smartphone's WiFi Adapter from My Computer?

Hi! :D

I recently started playing Watch Dogs (I know too late...) and I really geeked out by the intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuNTncgwl70 . In this video, Aiden (the protagonist) is connected to a hotel's wifi hotspot in order to give access to his friend who is on his computer at a remote location. Can this happen? I mean, can I make this work by setting up a VPN between my smartphone and my PC and then through some magic-trickery (an app similar to easytether ?) use my wifi adapter remotely to either sniff packets or whatever? Thanks!

2 Responses

I've seen this intro before and here is what I think is happening.

Aiden connects to the network locally, and his hacker friend routes through him. It goes like this

Hacker -> Internet -> Aiden -> Network -> Victim(s)

Yes this is possible, all you'd need to a payload on the phone and port forwarding configured on the router. Once you execute the payload on the phone to stationary attacker could establish a route on the phone and pivot into the network.

In short, yes it's possible, but not very straight forward.
#BringBackOTW
-Defalt

If you are asking if you can crack wifi with your phone's wifi adapter: no.

If you are asking if you can give someone access remotely through your phone to the wifi network you are already connected to (like Aiden does here): yes. #BringBackOTW

-Phoenix750

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active