Forum Thread: Deauth-Ing a Dual Band AP

Hi all
I've searched the web for a similar problems but haven't had any luck with this in particular.

I'm testing a dual band router on my network that operates 2.4 GHz and 5ghz at the same time . Most mobile phones connect to the 5ghz band .

WhenI run a deauth (have tried MDK3 and Aireplay, and I have primed my dual band adapter using "band abg") it only disconnects the devices that are using the 2.4 GHz.

First off all I am unsure as to why it is doing this despite priming it to both bands. Secondly, I was wondering if there may be someone who can point out where I'm going wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Join the Next Reality AR Community

Get the latest in AR — delivered straight to your inbox.

1 Response

It may be that you are using a 2.4ghz wireless adapter meaning it can only target 2.4ghz WiFi networks/devices, so you would have to get a 2.4ghz/5ghz adapter to support both 2.4 and 5. Reading this article may help: null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/hack-5-ghz-wi-fi-networks-with-alfa-wi-fi-adapter-0203515/

Also, link to a example of a dual band adapter that can support 2.4/5: zsecurity.org/product/zsecurity-dual-band-usb-wireless-adapter-2-4-5-ghz-realtek-rtl8812au/

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active