Forum Thread: Deauth-Ing a Dual Band AP

Hi all
I've searched the web for a similar problems but haven't had any luck with this in particular.

I'm testing a dual band router on my network that operates 2.4 GHz and 5ghz at the same time . Most mobile phones connect to the 5ghz band .

WhenI run a deauth (have tried MDK3 and Aireplay, and I have primed my dual band adapter using "band abg") it only disconnects the devices that are using the 2.4 GHz.

First off all I am unsure as to why it is doing this despite priming it to both bands. Secondly, I was wondering if there may be someone who can point out where I'm going wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

1 Response

It may be that you are using a 2.4ghz wireless adapter meaning it can only target 2.4ghz WiFi networks/devices, so you would have to get a 2.4ghz/5ghz adapter to support both 2.4 and 5. Reading this article may help: null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/hack-5-ghz-wi-fi-networks-with-alfa-wi-fi-adapter-0203515/

Also, link to a example of a dual band adapter that can support 2.4/5: zsecurity.org/product/zsecurity-dual-band-usb-wireless-adapter-2-4-5-ghz-realtek-rtl8812au/

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active