Forum Thread: Did the Devs Really F*** Kali Up ?

I was surfing some websites and reading about the latest tools and distro's and came across a kali linux 2.0 article, after i read it i went to check the comments and found this dude saying "v.2.0 is aimed towards script kiddies and nothing more. Since the release of 2.0, the group will no longer use it. It's full of bugs, and very dangerous to professional pen testers as it will lock up during access allowing you to be traced and the devs are seemingly retarded on their knowledge of GUI code. Kali is now considered a joke among any professional team. That's why Kali has lost 30% of it's users (professionals) and Knoppix has gained that 30%" Is this True? As far as i know kali devs already patched those bugs and security flaws and to be honest am still learning and i didnt reach that really advanced phase but i know what am talking about bla bla .... Anyways i'de like to hear from OTW and Phoenix and other mates here

21 Responses

There are always issues with major updates.

ghost_

I actually am using ZorinOS and installed the tools from Kali and whatnot onto, I chose this one specifically because it looks like Windows, and I really like how out of the way Window's UI is. But yeah Kali has the tools but also the bugs :/

Yeah i also checked zorinOS but i gotta ask, does it really runs all windows programs? also they are patching them since the devs team isnt big they work slowly

It runs most programs. I don't know about games since the laptop it is on I don't really game on. It seems to handle most Windows programs well.

What did you do to get Kali tools on Zorin?

I added the repositories to the sources.list (/etc/apt/sources.list) and I use a package manager to skim what is there. Yes it isn't as configured as pre build ones but it is nice to customize.

Ok thanks! where can I find the repositories? Also do windows apps work pretty good on it?

Again I don't use many, but from what I have seen 90% work. Microsoft Office DOES NOT work. But Libre Office works. If you Google Kali 2 repos than the first option should be the kali.org site and have them there.

Great thanks again for the info!

I am asking not because of games but because of other softwares, like files binder etc... And I don't want to keep rebooting my kali and windows, can you try mfile binder and tell me of it works?

Look into how to use Wine. It works with most basic Windows programs out of the box, also look into basic configuration because it might be able to help.

It's apparent that Kali 2.0 has problems, but let's not all run willy nilly at other OS's. Let's go back to Kali 1.1 and wait for Kali 2.1. I'm sure Offensive Security will work out these problems.

They did some major updates since the release and patched most of the bugs, I guess its fine now

Yeah, I second you on that. Kali 2 might have its issues but let's not all just move away, Kali has older versions which are awesome. I mainly refer this website as a Kali website. Downgrading to older builds is the only option for Kali lovers

Dark Net

I think so too OTW. Am still using 1.1 and hoping that offensive security will, fix the bugs.

Has anyone checked out BlackArch ?

I think I'll install it on my existing arch install.

kali 2 is fine people like to scream and complain about all things remember kali 2 is like beta version of kali and i would give it time ! but if you realy want to test other things i would say blackarch is good.( as im gonna change my kali 2 aswell since it been crashing alot recently).

yes indeed, i encountered many issues with kali 2.0, but after many tweaking and updates, i install it now finally perfectly on a usb with persistence encryption only, somehow i noticed its not stable if you add another partition, for work, just keep 1 partition encrypted persistence, and all will be great,

SAMI

Am running it as main OS on my computer and its just fine, They fixed everything almost

yes correct, i just parted a new EXT4, for work, and make it persistence, works fine and no issues, also i take a look on the mentioned destros, by the guys, what i dont like is thy are still not well known, second thy want to sell them !, how is that professional, thy still not that popular , and thy need the incoming to flood right away,, most powerful OS iv ever witnessed , like RHIL, and UBUNTU, Debian, ......, thy still free to public, as thy still developing, and thy need the usresr all around the world to keep testing it and use it as much as thy can, caus that will make it even stronger, only RHIL, after it became a soled state OS, thy start to commercialize it, i prefare Kali as its Debian and well known, i like all the challenges that come with it..

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active