Forum Thread: Encrypted Password

Hi there,I have some encrypted passwords from cyberoam UTM.I want to get them decrypted,but dont know how(beacuse i am newbie)?I can anyone please help...and I have also some decrypted password of them.

5 Responses

Do you really need to crack them ? From what I've seen, if you use those hashes in the registry, you can already impersonate that user without decryption. Also, you could try some 'password unmasker' program to reveal what's under the dots in the login form to get your password.

But how can i decrypt it??

It's not you that decrypt them, let the program do it for you.

If you kill the program, substitute your hash in the registry with another hash, reopen the program, now the login box will have that password masked under the asterisks. Get a program like this that unmasks password, and you should get it. (Note: I'm not advising you to download that program in particular, there are lots that do the job, make your research which is best)

If you know with what key (SHA-1, MD5, etc.) it was encrypted, it is easy. Otherwise it will be a slightly long detour.

Actually i have remote access to UTM.So cant not change any registry.I dont know the key.I have some known decryption passwords.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active