Forum Thread: Evil Twin doesn't see clients

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum, but I have been following this site for a long time. I've been looking at wireless attacks and wpa2-psk cracking specifically. I know that the most common way is brute-forcing, but it takes way too long. WPS locks out after like 5 attempts for most of the routers nowadays, so that is not an option. I did a bit of research and learned how to set up an Evil Twin. I looked at Wifislax OS, Fluxion, and wifiphisher (last two are preinstalled in kali linux). I get everything working except for the last part where clients are supposed to disconnect and reconnect to the twin. Any of the above programs just don't see any clients. And yes, I checked that my adapter is compatible with linux and it is. When I use aircrack-ng or wifite, it does detect clients or stations, but when I try to create an evil twin none of the devices on my network (clients) show up. Anybody has the same problem or knows how to fix it?

I am very excited about starting out on Null-Byte, love it!

1 Response

I have the same problem. The users or the connected devices are not forced to disconnect o connect to the evil twin , i have experimented on my router and used my phone as a user then the same results. The fake AP is there ,does not force the users to connect but if the users connect to the evil twin at will, then it will redirect them to the captive portal, but it seems too malicious for them to connect because its not encrypted and also they can easily connect back to the original wifi that evil twin supposed to not allow devices to connect to the original.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active