Forum Thread: Faceook Phish? Some Help Here

This might sound weird for null byte but I trust it the most.A friend on facebook sent me a link which did look suspicious, so I scanned it online blah blah and it didn't find anything. I don't even know that "friend" personally and it looked like she wasn't sending it - perhaps a bot.So I trusted the knowledge I learned here knowing that nothing can actually happen If i just click the link and not enter any info. The link was obviously malicious as it took me to a facebook post, however the url wasn't even close to facebook. Am I in danger? I did NOT enter any credentials nor did I accept any dialogues. I would feel safe if any of you great hacking minds *cough*OTW*cough*. wiped my suspicions.

Thank you kindly

12 Responses

You are definitely at risk.

Don't be posting malicious links her and asking people to click on them!

I am so sorry, didn't have an intention to. I added click at your own risk, maybe I accidentally deleted it.

Dude, you are definately in danger, it may be an autopwn page with a redirect feauture, i dont really know, anyways, reboot your computer and do an av scan

as others said: you are in danger! like d347hgun suggested, it might be an autopwn page, or it could be a "hooker" page (the thing that executes a javascript on your browser and grants the attacker full control of your browser).

i recommend you download Malwarebytes, disconnect your PC from the internet, uninstall your browser, reboot into safe mode, and do a virus scan with malwarebytes.

-Phoenix750

Hm, I only left it open for about 5 seconds , I don't think autopwn (on my newest version of chrome) could have time to load all the exploits. (or could it?) And about hooking, can that persist even after browser restart? (never acomplished that with beef myself...)?

More then enough time.
While you are trying out MBAM products get Anti-Exploit premium

in both cases, you never know. better to go full paranoid and be sure nothing is left than not doing enough and still be infected.

-Phoenix750

Make Elliot proud and microwave your hd

Did that, burned my house down, went homeless. Anyone got a good tutorial on how to get money again?

I had a very similar story to yours except I didn't click on any links. I was told to chat on this irc and for some reason it wouldn't connect. I asked him why and he started ranting about how he was "told to do it" and he was "sorry". I don't believe I am infected in any way, and if somebody could prove me wrong that would be awesome. Can you get a virus from an irc channel?

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active