How To: Do the Gentleman Dance Moves from PSY's Newest K-Pop Music Video

Do the Gentleman Dance Moves from PSY's Newest K-Pop Music Video

If you haven't heard of Korean pop sensation, PSY, then you really have been living under a rock. Or, you've just never run across any other human. Or, this is your first time on the Internet.

His absurdly popular music video, Gangnam Style, became the most viewed YouTube video EVER. Its catchy beat and awkward dance moves inspired millions of people to start dancing like PSY and his crew, from beautiful dance teams, to the horrible efforts of Nelly Furtado, to dance mobs across the world. Paper was even getting in on the action.

And guess what?

PSY has another sweet ass video out! It's called Gentleman and, of course, introduces another signature PSY dance move. Oh, and in less than a week it's already managed to amass almost 150 million views!

The video is great and actually pretty funny, but if you're like me, you're planning on doing that dance at the next party you go to.

Or, at least in the mirror.

But if you're not a professional choreographer, you're probably not going to get much help just by watching the music video. Lucky for you, as with any popular dance video, there are a ton of tutorials hitting the web from pro and wannabe dancers.

So, I've compiled some of the best tutorial videos so far, which will hopefully help even the most rhythmically challenged people learn the soon-to-be huge Gentleman dance.

Learn the Moves from PSY!

Here's a practice video released on PSY's YouTube channel, which is just a loop of the dance moves so you can get a better look on how it's done. If you've got any skills, I'm sure this will help you out.

Hit the Dance Floor—Step by Step

If you need better instructions, this video covers the whole dance routine for you, step by step. What more can you ask for?

Another Breakdown—Side by Side

If you want to learn from a pro and watch PSY do his thing at the same time, this video is for you. So, you basically see PSY in the music video while he teaches the dance moves.

Now, just like Gangnam Style, you're probably going to want to know what the hell PSY is singing, so since I am fluent in Korean, I have translated the lyrics for you below.

The English Translation

Just kidding, PolicyMic provided the translation.

"I don't know if you know why it needs to be hot
I don't know if you know why it needs to be clean
I don't know if you know, it'll be a problem if you're confused
I don't know if you know but we like, we we we like to party
Hey there
If I'm going to introduce myself
I'm a cool guy with courage, spirit and craziness
What you wanna hear, what you wanna do is me
Damn! Girl! You so freakin sexy!
Ah Ah Ah Ah I'm a...
Ah Ah Ah Ah I'm a...
Ah Ah Ah Ah I'm a mother father gentleman
Ah Ah Ah Ah I'm a...
Ah Ah Ah Ah I'm a...
I'm a, ah I'm a
I'm a mother father gentleman
I'm a, ah I'm a
I'm a, ah I'm a
I'm a, ah I'm a
I'm a, ah I'm a
I'm a, ah I'm a
I don't know if you know why it needs to be smooth
I don't know if you know why it needs to be sexy
I don't know if you know darling, hurry and come be crazy
I don't know if you know, it's crazy, crazy, hurry up
Hey there
Your head, waist, legs, calves
Good! Feeling feeling? Good! It's soft
I'll make you gasp and I'll make you scream
Damn! Girl! I'm a party mafia!
Ah Ah Ah Ah I'm a...
Ah Ah Ah Ah I'm a...
Ah Ah Ah Ah I'm a...
Ah Ah Ah Ah I'm a...
I'm a, ah I'm a
I'm a, ah I'm a
Gonna make you sweat.
Gonna make you wet
You know who I am Wet PSY
Gonna make you sweat.
Gonna make you wet.
You know who I am
Wet PSY! Wet PSY! Wet PSY! Wet PSY! PSY! PSY! PSY!
Ah I'm a mother father gentleman
I'm a, ah I'm a
I'm a, ah I'm a, I'm a mother father gentleman
Mother father gentleman
Mother father gentleman"

More PSY!!!

And if you can't get enough of PSY and his crazy dances, check out this video of PSY teaching some very adorable girls the Bibigo.

Or just head back to our Gangnam Style dance guide to see where it all began.

Just updated your iPhone? You'll find new emoji, enhanced security, podcast transcripts, Apple Cash virtual numbers, and other useful features. There are even new additions hidden within Safari. Find out what's new and changed on your iPhone with the iOS 17.4 update.

1 Comment

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Latest