Forum Thread: Hacking a website (give your account ressources)

Hey there,
I want to know if it is possible to hack a website (if it falls under that category) in a specific way.

I play this game, and there is a special currency, let's just call it gold coins. These gold coins cost real money, and they're definitely not cheap.

I know I can "add" more gold coins by choosing "inspect element" and changing it from there, but that's only temporary and changes are deleted the second I refresh the page.

Is there any way (there probably is ) that I can add the gold coins "permanently" and how do I do that?

3 Responses

If you use the Inspect Element technique, it does not work on most games. You could try XSS (Cross-Site-Scripting) by putting HTML tags in an input box. However, it is probably immune to most XSS attacks. See XSS Filter Evasion Cheetsheet

It kinda sounds like they need to attack the server, where the database is stored.

Since it is online game, it means you need access to database and when you get into database, you can change value. By inspect element you are changing its value only for eyes, but it is still same. Cheers

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active