Forum Thread: Increasing Your 64Kbps Link to 512Kbps or Whatever Speed You Want

Most of us consider that the speed of navigation that is assigned to ISPs is not enough. 64 kbps with people would think it would be cool 128Kbps speed. 128Kbps with people will think 256Kbps will be cold and so on

This tutorial will teach you how to increase your 64Kbps link to 512Kbps or whatever speed you want.

It is very possible to do this. With a bit of luck if the Internet service provider cable barbarically about how this new technology is very successful and left some key gaps open to capture important information about how to perform this task. However, this tutorial will not guarantee 100% success.

Let's start. I will try to explain that the best thing I can do to reconfigure the SB5100, SB4100 or SB3100 cable modem Modem Cable

Theory to work

All cable modem at startup will look for the image of a "file" in which to do all the load limit setting and download speed is the speed limit is set. This "stored image file" on the ISP`s TFTP server. Modem can be configured with pre-ISP`s IP address of the TFTP server and the name of the image file to be downloaded. If the modem is booting the server and the TFTP request to download an image file from the TFTP server is in accordance with this speed limit we had set.

Our mission

This image received a file from ISP`s TFTP server, reconfigure according to our need and force our modem to download this file from your computer instead of downloading it from the ISP`s TFTP server.

The steps to complete

1). USB modem for MAC address
2). Your ISP to get the IP address of the TFTP server
3). Get the file name and path of "configuration or image files stored on the ISP`s TFTP server
4) Download image file from ISP`s TFTP server
5) Decrypt with image files you have downloaded from ISP`s TFTP server
6) Modifying image files
7) Encrypting modified image files

8). Modifying the configuration of your computer TCP same ISP`s TFTP server (that is, the same IP address as ISP`s TFTP server)

9). TFTP server host on your computer
10). Put the image files in a directory of your TFTP base
11). Reboot the modem
12). PC IP Changer back given by ISP
13). Done. Start navigating with a speed again

1). USB modem for MAC address

You can view the back of the modem to obtain this MAC address or you can log in to the cable modem with Web Browser hxxp: // 192.168.100.1 /. This is the internal HTML pages are stored DOCSIS cable modem (SB5100, SB4100 and SB3100) which gives you more information about important settings. Unless it is disabled by your ISP. This feature could be completely turned off by your ISP.

2). Your ISP to get the IP address of the TFTP server

color = # FF0000 3). Get the name and path of the file "configuration or image files stored on the ISP`s TFTP server.To

get this important information you need to make your simple SNMP modem.To do this you can use one of the tools below

a) There is a program called "Weird query.exe BOOTP request packet solution program that will tell you everything you need to know, without all these additional steps. It will display the image file, the TFTP server address, the only you need to get started.To use this BOOTP query tool, you need the MAC address of the cable modem

OR

Experts can use Solarwinds SNMP program

OR

c) Beginners can use DOCSIS diagnostic utility

OR

d) Beginners can use snmpwalk

using the command "public snmpwalk 192.168.100.1"

NOTE: Use the modem's IP address as "192.168.100.1" (SB5100, SB4100 and SB3100) when asked if by one of the above mentioned instruments. SNMP community "General"

Using the tools above you will receive information from the ISP`s IP of the TFTP server and the image file name "stored on the TFTP server

All important information stored in this file, which became one of MaxRateDown 2621440; MaxRateUp 393.216 ;. (This was the configuration of my ISP.) You can see that speeds similar to what I was getting. 40KB / s up and 250KB downs)

Among these, what we need is:
Configuring the TFTP server = 194. . .. 90 (replace this with yours in every doc)
= The Isrr.bin configuration file name (replace with what you want while in the doc)
Y
Fragments IP created = 0
Address.10.xxx.xxx.xxx IP = 10.xxx.xxx.xxx
Address.192.168 .100.1 IP = 192.168.100.1 (cable modem's IP address, (replace this with your own in every doc)
IP-a-Sync.10.xxx.xxx.xxx = 2

Tip: You can do this step by inhalation, ie modem "192.168.100.1" when the boots for modem.I have never tried this method.Try luck

4). Download image file from ISP`s TFTP server.

To do this you can use the command prompt and the command below with the quotation marks and parentheses.

"C: \ tftp-i GET"

Well now you have an image file from ISP`s TFTP server.

5). Decrypt with image files you downloaded from ISP`s TFTP server
6). Modifying image files
7). Encrypt modified image files

DOCSIS uses a tool that you can download from
CODEhttp: / / sourceforge.net / projects / DOCSIS

to use this program you can decrypt the file image change the upload speed and speed download, save and encrypt the back. Rename the newly created same file as your original image files.

8). Modifying the configuration of your computer TCP same ISP`s TFTP server (that is, the same IP address as ISP`s TFTP server)

Go to My Network Places and right click ->

Select LAN Card Properties , right-click -> Properties -> Internet Protocol (TCP-IP) double-click and change the values ??to the following

TPC configuration the following
IP TCP values : 194. . . 90 (replace with the TFTP server from the ISP)
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.100.1 (replace with a cable modem IP address)

Note: The gateway to 192.168.100.1 then only the modem can communicate with the computer.

9). TFTP server host on your computer
10). Put the image files in a directory of your TFTP base
11). Reboot the modem

Download the TFTP server software and TFTP server host on your computer
You can download TFTP server:
CODEftp: / /

ftp.ida.net/pub/wireless/tftpd32.exe

TFTPD32 start the server. Go to Settings and set the security to None. Increase the timeout to 20 sec and maximum retransmission to 6. You chose to translate the UNIX file. Make sure the base directory to place isrr.bin is (for example, image files will be changed). If you need to play a directory path along with the image file, then create a root directory of the corresponding path of the file images.

Reboot the modem, and as soon as the light SEND solid operation, you will see the TFTP server appear, ie your PC

12). PC IP Changer back given by ISP
13). Done. Start surfing with a new speed

Now change the PC settings back to normal TCP provided by your ISP. (Ie Put your IP address and original gateway)

Uh that hacked your modem. Test download of some files with the fishing (download accelerator more)

Note: This rate will remain the same until you restart your cable modem. So every time I reboot the modem, you should follow steps 8,9,10,11 and 12 \

i hope it works well with you hhhh :)

//mohamed ahmed

1 Response

hy , i got stuck at "Your ISP to get the IP address of the TFTP server"
how to do this step by step pls

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active