Forum Thread: Kali 2.0 Airmon-Ng Problem

I recently upgraded to Kali Sana and have ran into a few errors with my scripts and i have attempted to troubleshoot but I believe the error is within the upgrade.

As you can see now whenever you try and stop a device with airmon-ng it gives you that error. If anyone has any ideas how to fix it let me know. Also now my wireless card is giving me new errors that can be corrected using airmon-ng check kill. These did not exist however before the upgrade.

16 Responses

Null Bytians...be forewarned!

Try to
airmon-ng start wlan1
ifconfig wlan1mon down
iwconfig wlan1mon mode monitor
ifocnfig wlan1mon up

I had the same problem and now it works fine!!
Thank you bro! ;)

This has been doing this since 1.10 when ng got its zg update.
It's a pain but takes a few minutes with a curve to figure out.

and then ofcourse try airodump-ng wlan1mon

Alright I'll try that when I get back to my computer and let know what happens. Thanks

Maybe just a harmless restart ends monitor mode...

Else iwconfig will do the trick..

I have the same problem, I fixed it by using wifite first, and than disabyling it right after. Than I could use airmon-ng just fine.

anyone managed to get the txpower increase working on the new Kali linux 2.0 ?

I tried the CRDA trick but it wont let me compile like i did on the old kali

I ran into some problems with this also whilst following this. https://askubuntu.com/questions/597546/iwconfig-wlan0-txpower-30mw-not-working

If you follow the links instructions in addition to these it will work:
1) when you edit the db.txt use find and replace to change every "(20)" ,without quotes, to (30)

2) after you replace the regulatory.bin in ~/lib/crda make a copy of crda into and put it in ~/usr/lib/

it'll make more sense once you read the instructions.

Thanks man.. it worked

iam using kali linux rolling ..in that airodump-ng not showing any client connected with router by my mobile and PC is connected with my wifi network,iam using linux in laptop,why i con't find any client connected with router.

please help me ...

i am using kali linux rolling ..in that airodump-ng not showing any client connected with router but my mobile and PC is connected with my wifi network,i am using linux in laptop,why i con't find any client connected with router.

please help me ..

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active