Forum Thread: Kali vs ParrotOS

Hi.

I am about to get a new notebook. I will dual boot Windows 10 and Linux.
Recently, I am using Kali Linux on my old notebook, but I would like to try out ParrotOS.

Does ParrotOS generally have the same set of tools as Kali?
E.g. aircrack-ng, btscanner, metasploit, maltego, sparta(or zenmap)...

I do not really like the network manager of kali, because it is really annoying when switching between managed and monitor mode on the wifi card. Aside from that, it is perfectly alright.

I am still new to hacking/pentesting (just a few hours in, but working with IT for some years, recently an IT trainee right before the final exams), so I am using a lot of the tutorials.

Though there should not be many bigger differences in the usage of both OSs, for they are both based upon a recent version of Debian...

Greeting,
André

5 Responses

What realy annoys me in Kali is that every time I switch back from monitor to managed mode, I have to manually reconnect to my Wifi...

I have Parrot and Kali.

Aesthetically wise, Parrot is better, although Kali 2 has been polished up a bit.

I'm not sure if there are any differences really, besides maybe a few different tools (and Parrot also has a focus on forensics/anonymity)

I've used ParrotSec in the past and liked the anonymous features but Kali just works better for me. In the end, it just comes down to personal preference

i use Linux mint as my daily driver because i don't want to use my hacking distro as my main OS so i live boot Kali Linux, and Kali Linux does live booting way better than parrot sec with persistence mode. I also use the xfce Kali so it runs extremely fast on my laptop.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active