Forum Thread: Little Intro

Hi, thought I should introduce myself. My name is Joshua, but my username (which I notice isn't used) is f1n.fl0 (pronounced fin-flow). I'm 13-years-old, which is young, but I want to start teaching myself these things at a young age so when I'm... say... twenty, I have seven years of experience. I know a bit of the Linux terminal (xargs, less, cd etc) and I'm also learning Python, which is fun. I've always been into technology, so I figured I might as well do something with it. By the way, you don't need to treat me like a child; a lot of adults just talk to me like I'm one of them, and I'm fairly intelligent so it's fine. I mean, if you want to talk to me like I'm a kid, that's perfectly fine, I don't mind, I'm just leaving the door wide open for you all.

Take this post as my handshake to you, and feel free to introduce yourself as well, I'd love to know who you are!

~ f1n.fl0

13 Responses

It's good to start early as long as you stay focused. :)

Robyn

Yes, definitely. Don't worry, I'll be more focused than ever.

Hi fin!

I understand how you are feeling ,because I'm also a year older than you and there are sometimes ageism in forums and the older people tend to belittle those younger. But I think this is a great place to talk about hacking and penetrating because everyone's her is very welcoming and try to help you the best they can despite who you are.

I hope in a way we can help each other out.

Glhf!

Yay, I'm not the only young one here! Well, nice to know there's someone else like me. Yeah, from what I've seen, the Null Byte forums have a very nice atmosphere which is great. Everybody seems super nice so far :D

From my observation, the forums that are legit don't have that type of stuff going on.

Who cares how old you are? You should be proud of yourself for starting so young. Had I started when I was your age I'd be a super star now. I don't necessarily think age has anything to do with intelligence, maybe social experience, but that's it. Good for you. Welcome

Thanks, that was super refreshing to hear. And exactly, the whole point of me starting this young was so I'd be able to be a super star in years to come :)

Adults are only smarter in that they know better than to trust the vast majority of people lol.

Welcome f1n.fl0.

Age isn't a factor at Null Byte, so don't worry about that. If you have the time, please have a quick read through my article here.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

ghost_

Haha, I read your article before you posted that comment :) and I love how age isn't a factor, it's great.

Hi Joshua,

I'm happy to hear that a thirteen year-old already thinking of what they want in 7 years to come. I'm positive you're going to achieve that. I'll be honest with you; if I thought the same way you are thinking when I was your age, no term would best describe where I would be right now.

Anyway, I have loved coding from age 12 only that I thought it was covered in Electrical and Electronics Eng, and that I was too young to start it then. So, I waited to complete high school. That is a mistake I'm glad you will never make.

Thanks! I've known what I've wanted to do for a while now, and I think it's just a good mindset to have :) if all goes to plan, I should have a bright future ahead. I'd rather put my head down and work instead of play now so in years to come I'm in a great place :)

As many have said here, age isn't a factor. No one is going to see here how old you are. There is simply no way to see it, except if you tell it yourself.

I wonder where you will be when you reach 20. 7 years is a big time. If I were in your place, I'd try to learn things as quickly as I can, until I was forced to adapt a proper way to learn. Now I'm 16, and that was how I was 3 years ago. Good to see you're not making those mistakes.

-The Joker

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active