Forum Thread: My First Two Python Tools

Hello , just wanted to share with you some python tools I made and wanted to know your opinion on them...
https://github.com/WireWise
One is a hasher with multiple hashing algorithms the other is an AES encryption program.

Thank you.

11 Responses

I'm not a Python programmer but could you kindly explain to me as to how you generate the random IV and key for your AES encryption?

This line: ''.join(<square bracket>random.choice(string.ascii_letters + string.digits) for n in range(8)<square bracket>) means this:

for each element in range 0-7 (Range(n) returns a list of 0:n-1) choose a random element from a string of letters and digits, and append it to a list. Then join all elements of the list with the separator '' (no separator).

Random.new().read(16), which generates the IV, returns 16 random bytes.

There is a reason why dontrustme asked that question.

EDIT: Nope, never mind, I misunderstood.

So is this Random function the typical pseudo-random number generator?

nice contribution. I would prefer if you made your article more enjoyable to the eye, because it doesnt look of much at the moment.

A picture on your article, and some more in-depth explaining on your tools would be a great bonus.

Ill try my best! When I start and finish CryptoBirdv2.0, I'll add more depth, and some pictures . Thanks for help ! I'll me making more tools so if you guys have any suggestions , Ill try to make the tool you ask for.

Yes @dontrustme Random is the pseudo-random number generator for python3.4 .

From the Python 3 Documentation for random, "... being completely deterministic, it is not suitable for all purposes, and is completely unsuitable for cryptographic purposes.".

It then states: "Warning: The pseudo-random generators of this module should not be used for security purposes. Use os.urandom() or SystemRandom if you require a cryptographically secure pseudo-random number generator."

Yes but that is the IV(initialization vector) which does not have to be a secret, but if you want ill change it to os.urandom() :D let me know !

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ill have everything written in detail when I release CryptoBird v2.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active