Forum Thread: My Kali Doesnot Shows Wireless Connection

some months ago i submitted a question about the problems with wifi in kali but could not found any suitable answers so i am again posting this thread..

my wireless card is bcm43142 . the driver for this adaptor didnot installed automatically during the kali installation and manually i could not find any drivers for this. so if any one can help me.

7 Responses

You will likely need to buy a Linux compatible wireless card. Probably want to make certain it is aircrack-ng compatible as well, if you want to hack wifi.

ya i have already tried but failed.. the first pakage failed to load and the second one doesnot exist....

by aircrack-ng compatible i believe he means that the NIC must support "monitor mode" or "rfmon". I don't think your bcm43142 is going to do it. Without this you wont see any traffic from APs that you're not associated with (connected to).

Good news is that usb nics are cheap.

would i be able to connect to wifi in dual boot?

Dual boot will only give you the option of using a different OS (for example - Windows or Kali) but it won't change your hardware which is what you may need to do.

PS . Sucky as it is to find out that your hardware isn't capable, sometimes it pays to accept it and move on. heheh

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active