Forum Thread: Need a Kali Linux Ethical Hacking Pc Build $700-$900

This is my first pc build and it would really mean a lot to me if someone could help me put together a build. This is a template I found offline that I filled out.

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

Running Kali Linux and other virtual machines. Running multiple virtual machines at a time. This pc will also be used for ethical hacking and coding. It will also be used for regular browsing and everyday work. I will not be using it for gaming. I would also like lots of power to perform high speed password cracking.

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

USD 900 but can extend if needed

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.

Soon as possible. Can wait for deals.

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)

A case, quality monitor, and everything needed to build such as a screw driver and thermal paste etc. I have a dell keyboard and mouse, but am open to replacing.

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?

U.S yes

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

Can reuse a dell mouse and keyboard.

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?

Yes. Right away. I think GPU, but I am not sure.

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

No. This is my first pc build and I am open to any suggestions.

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?

Does not matter to me except see through window. Open to suggestions.

Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?

No.

Extra info or particulars:
Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it.

1 Response

Depends on what you want to do.

Rainbow tables (cracking passwords): get 2 or 4 rx 580 or 480 and put them in crossfire. Basically look up how to build a bitcoin mining rig, but in stead of hashing bitcoin, hash passwords :-)

Just regular stuff like coding, running Meta, etc. a basic system would suffice. Grab an old FX chip, a cheap mobo, something like a GTX 1050 or GT 1030 (I assume you wont be gaming, if you are get a rx 580). Since the fx series is older, you can get low-speed DDR3 for very cheap. 8gb would be enough, but I would recommend 16. As for a case, I would recommend the corsair carbide 275r.

Here is a parts list: pcpartpicker.com/list/7GnsTB

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active