Forum Thread: NEW TO LINUX

Hey, so im farely new to the hacking world. For the last couple months ive been scouring the enternet learing all that i can. I've installed Kali Linux 2.0 in a VirtualBox and was wondering what are the first tools i should i start playing with if im just starting out hacking?

5 Responses

Begin by learning Linux and then start by using some of the recon tools like nmap and hping3.

Thank you, will do. While i have the opportunity i just want to say ive read quite a few of your articles and ive learned ALOT. Thanks for all the help you do for the people on here.

The How-To section has many lists of tutorials. If you're new to Linux you should probably start with Linux basics for the aspiring hacker. Then once you feel that you've gotten a good hold of that, start studying recon. After you've gotten that down you could go exploring the many different attack methods. But remember, there's a big difference between learning and memorizing.

Ive studied most of the linux tutorials. Im actually trying to find out a way to start practicing, and wich tools i should tart with first.

Practice by creating a virtual lab.

ghost_

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active