Forum Thread: Please Help

So i am staying at this place in few months and it has a limit on the amount of free WiFi you can use and i was thinking if there was a way around it. I thought maybe spoofing the mac address would work but i don't know how to do that on my phone so any help would be appreciated thanks.

3 Responses

I just want to make sure I understand what you are asking.

You are asking for help stealing internet service? I may be mistaken but I thought this was more of an ethical hacking site.

If I misunderstood, the first thing you need to know is how they enforce that limit. Is it mac based? Do they assign a username and password as part of a captive portal (my hotel in Russia did as part of a commercial solution)?

I'm not trying to steal the internet i am trying to get around the limit per person.

I'm not to sure how the service handles devices but they don't have any username/password things you just click on it and connect to it.

This is a ethical hacking site so I'm just going to say that please don't use any methods of exploiting a companys assets for your own benefit without a written approval from the company.

Im just curious, If this limit is per devide then just change your mac address, if it has a overall limit for all users combined then there is no way since it is stored and managed by isp in their own servers, not locally (if im not mistaken). If you have to authenticate a device to gain access to regular browsing speed, then what you could do is scan the network for people with access and just change your own to theirs as shown in this null byte video. (youtube.com/watch?v=taAD2z8spP0).

I will say this again, Please do not hack into anything without written approval of the owner

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active