Forum Thread: Port Forwarding with a VPN

So I used Private Internet Access for my VPN, and I can't seem to figure out how to port forward properly with it. On my OS X system, I have the actual PIA client set up which is supposed to support port forwarding and tells you which port is forwarded. However, I have tried checking it using http://canyouseeme.org/ and it is clearly not being forwarded. I have looked through their forums and found a thread about how to set up port forwarding using OpenVPN on Linux, but it wasn't very helpful since the link that you are supposed to submit a request to is a dead link... Basically I just want to achieve something simple like being able to connect from computer A to computer B where computer B is connected to a VPN. I've tried adding the forwarded port to my router's settings, I've tried adding a "local port" to the settings in the PIA manager, nothing seems to work. Sending messages out from the VPN connected system hasn't been an issue, just vice versa. Does anyone have any tips?

EDIT:

Got it working fine on OS X, but still not sure how to get this working on my Kali setup. Trying to use a raspberry pi I have setup at home as a sort of proxy to pipe shells to my laptop wherever I am.

Be the First to Respond

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active