Preparing Pentesting Environment
I'm going to reformat my PC and preparing an Pentesting Environment. My OS of choice will be Windows 8.1 on the first partition, on the second one there will be some kind of linux, i'm thinkin about Arch or Debian.
VirtualBox is my tool of choice for Playing around.
So, how can i setup a safe and secure enivornment?
- Use TrueCrypt containers for Virtual Machines?
- Use Kali either in a VM or better yet on a USB Stick?
- Encrypt the whole partition, necessary?
- If i'm going to use Kali in a VM, how i'm able to Tunnel it thru "Whonix"?
- Which network method should i use, when i go Malware analysis on a Windows Guest? Also, will an TC Container prevent from getting infected? If not, how can i do it?
- Anti-Virus tool necessary? Even tho, i was never infected without any AV/Firewall, except windows internal tools.
Any other tips?