Forum Thread: Questions Botnet

IMPORTANT NOTE: I MAKE THIS BOTNET TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NETWORKING AND I WANT TO SHOW THE POWER OF A BOTNET. I WILL ONLY INFECT COMPUTERS I OWN OR ON FRIENDS COMPUTERS WHO ARE WILLING TO PARTCIPATE

Hello all,

I want to make an botnet and I have some questions. Keep in mind that i am new to networking.

Alot of botnets use a IRC server but is this needed? Can i also use a program that just takes the incoming "hey i am infected" message and saves this on a file for later use? And if this is possible, should i then use TCP or UDP?

Also, i will infect computers by simply let the user run my "botnet.exe", but will the firewall block this connection? And how can i prevent this because it will not be an realistic simulation/demonstration if it will give the user an popup.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I MAKE THIS BOTNET TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NETWORKING AND I WANT TO SHOW THE POWER OF A BOTNET. I WILL ONLY INFECT COMPUTERS I OWN OR ON FRIENDS COMPUTERS WHO ARE WILLING TO PARTCIPATE

4 Responses

hmm there are botnets out there ready for use ,dont need to make one
but if you insist dive dipper in networking :P

Ayy lmao, don't have to put the disclaimer, we assume people are here for non illegal purposes.

Anyway, you have a lot of questions, but I suggest you start with networking and programming basics first. After that you can start doing socketprogramming, I think while you're doing that, most of your questions will be answered in a more fundamental way then some vague answer here.

Anything is possible if you know how to do it... and if it's plausible and actually physically achievable. If you're afraid a firewall will block your bot connecting outside, just have it map itself within a process that communicates outside and use that. Easy!

Well, if you're really that worried about a firewall catching a connection attempt, you could use UDP. This won't guarantee that you'll slip by the firewall, but if you combine it with some other evasion techniques it should be just fine.

-Defalt

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active