Forum Thread: Why Can't I Load Kali Linux?

I downloaded the ISO of Kali Linux 2016.1 and put it onto a USB Drive using first Win32 Imager, then Universal USB Imager (UUI). I then tried to boot my system from the USB Drive (A 16GB SanDisk Cruzer) 3 steps into the setup process, it said "Unable to find CD-ROM. Retry?" I re-inserted the USB and tried again. Same message. Any suggestions?

6 Responses

If those don't work (which they probably will), you may have a bad image. Try re-downloading the .iso

I re-downloaded it 3 times, which is a pain, because we dont pay for cable at this house. at my other house we do.

I had the same issue. I fixed it by unplugging the USB drive when it says that message, then replug it back in. I can't remember exactly but you might have to move to the next step while the USB is unplugged.

Ill try that. Also, I reinstalled the ISO overnight without interuption, and the file size was bigger than the last two downloads. I think that if I pause it and resume it, it skips over some data. Thanks!

Ooooh so it's a problem in the installation process? I was thinking you couldn't boot from it. I've had that problem before, and I fixed it by unplugging the usb and plugging it back in.

Ill try that. Also, I reinstalled the ISO overnight without interuption, and the file size was bigger than the last two downloads. I think that if I pause it and resume it, it skips over some data. Thanks!

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active