Forum Thread: Why Is Kali Linux Stuck When Booting

Hi i'm a first time installer, I've made a live Kali usb stick, now it works fine when i start up the laptop, but when I select a live option to boot. It will run and then stop. It doesn't always stop at the same line(s), but this is the one with includes both (error) lines.

FAILED Failed to start LSB: thin initscript.
See ' systemct1 status thin.service' for details.
ok Reached target Multi-User System.
ok Reached target Graphical Interface.
Starting Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes...
ok Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes...
373.956144 Ipv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
429.782814 random: crng init done
429.795195 random: 7 urandom warning(s) missed due to ratelimiting

— Boot

I do not know what I need to do. I only have acces to Windows, (cause Kali aint working).

I'm using an Acer Aspire ES1-531, it has an Intel Celeron with build-in graphics and 4GB DDR3. The USB is a Quantore 8GB. (I can buy a new sandisk, if I know it will run on my laptop). The ISO is kali-linux-2018.4-i386 (I think its the right one?).

Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance

2 Responses

The first thing I try when kali has problems booting is reinstall on the USB drive. That usually works. Another thing to look into is changing it to a 64bit ISO of Kali. Looking at the laptop specs, it's 64bit windows. And i386 is 32bit. Double check in Windows to verify that it's 64bit and if it is, download the 64bit ISO.

Thank you, I changed to the 64 bit. And i still got the same errors, but if works.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active