Forum Thread: Wifi Kali Live Problems :(

Hey, everybody!
It's Cameron.
I recently managed to get kali live up and running on my macbook air.

The only problem is...
I am completely wifiless.

ifconfig only shows me my local loopback.

Is there any way to get my kali linux to connect to wifi without buying an external wifi card?

Thanks!

• Cameron

6 Responses

An ethernet cable??

You need a wifi adapter to connect to wifi man.. no other way.. some are as cheap as 5 bucks

It's strange that I can't just connect to the web like I would with my laptop regularly...if I get a wireless adapter can I connect to the internet through that or do I have to download drivers with internet that I don't have haha.

Also I am not using an ethernet cable currently. On my regular OS I just connect with my wifi settings.

It's regular. As far as I knwo , personal experience, older versions of Kali don't have support for common Mac wireless cards (and don't know if recent ones do).

Try these, they apply for Ubuntu, but the second step of the second answer should work. At least, that's roughly how I solved it last time.http://askubuntu.com/questions/453252/ubuntu-cant-detect-wifi-networks-on-macbookpro-13-3

You will need ethernet or download the packages on USB and transfer them to Kali.

Thank you. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with the issue.

If I buy an alfa wireless card can I connect to the internet and do everything normally from there?

Thanks again!

• Cameron

Sure!

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active