Forum Thread: How to Hack CCTV Private Cameras

Hi Friends.

Now a days CCTV cameras are used many place like shops, malls, offices, warehouse etc and more. for security reason and for many more purposes. This articles show you how to hack CCTV cameras. If search on Google for CCTV camera hacking , you will be find tricks for public CCTV camera hacking tricks. But here you will be hack private CCTV cameras

Image via fbcdn.net

Step 1: Download Angry Ip Scanner

Angry Ip scanner is powerful GUI Port scanner . Angry Ip scanner available for all major OS.

Download and Install Angry ip scanner

Step 2: Choose Ip Address Range

Its important that how to choose proper ip address range for CCTV camera hacking. CCTV cameras are connected with broadband internet connection. If your accessing broadband router then find your public ip address. Just type 'My IP' in Google or Bing search bar. Google will show your public ip address

Here 77.247.181.165 is my public ip . So ip range can be 77.247.181.1 o 77.247.181.255 or 77.247.181.1 o 77.247.185.255

Step 3: Configure Angry Ip for CCTV Camera Hacking

Open Angry Ip Scanner

Go to tools > Preferences > Ports | add ports 80,8080,23 in Port selection tab
It will scan 80,8080 and 23 port.

We need add web detect. Web detect can show short details about device details connected to internet. like as follow

1. CCTV camera model name
  2. CCTV camera name
  3. router name or router model name

Add web detect as follows

Go to Tools > Fetchers > add (<<) web detect

Click OK

Step 4: Start Ip Range Scanning

Add ip range in Ip range tab and click start

Image via fbcdn.net

After scanning finished you will find interesting information in web detect tab some examples as follows

1. RomPager/4.07 UPnP/1.0 ----- router
  2. uc-httpd 1.0.0 ----- CCTV camera
  3. DVRDVS-Webs ----- CCTV camera
  4. microhttpd ----- router
  5. Webs ----- CCTV camera
  6. Hikvision-Webs ----- CCTV camera
  7. iBall-Baton ----- CCTV camera

Copy ip address of detected CCTV camera and pest in browser press enter.

Step 5: Default Username and Password

Most of the CCTV cameras and router configured default username and password. example

Username : admin | password : admin
Username : admin | password : (blank password)
Username : admin | password : 12345
Username : admin | password : 9999

You can find default username and password list trying some googling

some CCTV cameras need plugin, you can download from same page. If not found plugin at same page then go to manufacture website site and download it.

Step 6: Crack CCTV Camera Password Using Hydra

If default password not work then we need to crack it. hydra is powerful brute for tool can crack CCTV cameras password.

Now fire up kali
root@DeepHack:~# hydra -s 80 -l admin -P /root/Desktop/wl/cctvpass.txt -e ns -t 16 targetIP http*

Hydra syntax

-s 80 -- define port number
-l admin -- default login name admin
-P /root/desktop/worldlist.txt -- choose your word list for brute force
-e --- empty password
ns --- try login as passwordand try empty password
http --- port name for attack

Using these can hack CCTV cameras

Step 7: Warnning

This article is only for education purpose . Aim of these article is that how can secure cctv cameras using strong passwords. Do not use for criminal or another black art purpose. I am not responsible for that.

68 Responses

Hmm, Excellent Article Badgujar ...

Nice, neat and tidy. Thanks for the post

Thanks Venom, today i m posting video tutorial for CCTV camera hacking. must see.

if i want to use kali linux,, should i change my OS to linux ,, and where to get kali ?? thx

You can easily find the kali distribution on the web. And, even though it is an option to change OS, you can also install kali on a usb and change boot device, without any need of uninstalling your OS.

or you could setup a virutal machine, the os will be slower but it's easier for beginners.

Hello,could i get some clarification on how to proceed on doing the usb method?
Thank you in advance.

The usb method is very similar to the cd method you would go to kali.org/downloads/ from which you choose your flavour so to speak ;) from there I would suggest using a program called Rufus as universal usb installer or unetbootin gave me problems, so you would just point to the iso being Kali Linux to be written to the usb select the usb and your pretty much good to go just boot from the usb and enjoy your portable version of Kali Linux.

The way I see it there are many ways you can go about it. For most users who wanna check it out or test the waters a kali linux live CD is enough, you just google kali-linux live cd download from the website and boot from the cd instead of your OS by changeing boot order. If you wanna have a more daily usage kinda thing or experiment with a lab environment the best way is VMware or virtual box. Lastly if you are doing this professionally or you simply need all the computation power you can get...well then by all means dedicate a pc or laptop entirely to kali linux as you will use it daily or non-stop.

Web Detect returns N/A on all hosts. Copied all IP's into Firefox and they just timeout.

It may b happen coz ur not using broadband ip address. Most of the CCTV cameras are connected with broadband connection. But dont vary today i m posting video tutorial for CCTV camera hacking.

If the scan times out it could be possible that either the IP address is not online, the ports may be blocked, or the subnet range is not matching. If possible try to attempt the scan in your home network while your PC is on and see if it picks it up at all. To check for open ports in windows use the command netstat -a and you should see if port 80 or additional ports are open as they will say listening.

Nice Article Vishwadeep. Its really awesome trick. thanks

Shaandaar article yaar !!!
Waiting to see more from you...

Thanks for cheer-up. defiantly i will post next article as soon as possible.

hmmm looks interesting ... i was looking for a new hack to try, going to attempt. Question though is angry ip downloadable for Kali through its repository?

nevermind found my answer. going to download it from sourceforge.net

Oh don't worry you don't have to use angry IP scan you can use any network scanner really try zenmap or Sparta on Kali as it's built in they both have a nice GUI so you can follow along easily, for those with memory restrictions I can recommend nmap for a snappy command line feel.

You made it look real easy I'm using broadband i scanned over 2080 hosts with no success. Finding a lot of DNS and mail servers though, which is cool but still not what im looking for , any advice?

Great article, a few novice questions.

1.Will brute forcing not alert the admins as specially this is getting common as there should be some system to monitor in specially in institutions.

1. The CCTV should be online based for these to work right, but what if there is no router/wifi in use, does angry IP catch wire based IPs too?

3.Does these also include the street CCTVs installed for road monitoring?

Again thanks for the article, and sorry for the beginner questioms.

Dont say sorry every question important.

1. Advanced routers and physical firewalls can be easily notice brute-forcing attacks.
  2. Not if there no router we cant detect cctvs.
  3. Ofcource road cctvs cab hackers easily.

how to download angry ip scanner

Qual é a estrutura do ficheiro das passes?

What's the structure of the password file?

Everything went good but i cant find that password file can you tell where can i find that password list file??????

frnd there is no separate password file for cctv hacking . Just try default password for routers n cctv u can find on google

1, If i login into a dvr will the owner will know it ?

2, I am in admin pannel if i zoom it or do any work will it change in the main screen where they are watching ?

Is hacking cctv is legal.............

Where can i find the folder cctvpass.txt? someone help me please

frnd there is no separate password file for cctv hacking . Just try default password for routers n cctv u can find on google

Very good one thanks for this, but i am still on search of creating password wordlist using kali for hydra, i heard hydra is no more working. but im not sure if that could be explianed in simple steps in the reply will be great.. thanks

How to find the IP address thing ...Is it only valid if the hacker and the victim have same the broadband ??

is it possible to hack the camera without getting connected into the network which cameras are connected?
some one please help

you can access only those cctv which has public access or not locked with other passwords if the camera is locked with password you cannot crack it only the certified people has ability to do that its a complicated process but you can access cctv with default password easily . Do not try to crack locked cctv you could be in trouble and in some places its illegal to download tools like angry ip scanner or low orbit ion cannon.

I thought you don't read last point of article, using brute force hacker can easily crack any cctv cam password.and of course they use proxy servers or proxy chains.its nearly impossible to find them. so 98% percent cyber crimes are undiscovered.so strong security is best solutions.thx for comment.

please i want to know how to access my university cctv cameras....

what if I am not on broadband connection?

Hello Friend
I need Your support for Access camera view private to publicly simultaneously both in intranet and also in Internet

What if the password and username does not work, how do i use hydra?

Just forget about ur question... u wont get help here LOL.... all u have to do is on ur own ... but still u wont get through it....

I used hydra but it says error "file for passwords not found"

can anyone send a link to their wordlist ?

Yeah they wont stop bothering the Jerks

please , tell me how to fix it , sorry iam newbie :(

sorry guys am new around here......
just wanted to ask if it can work in win 8.1 64 bit ?????

it should work with win 8.1

Just bullshit , you got to be kidding me. there is no way hydra crack the F**g password, i downloaded a lot of wordlist, i used the default wordlists(rockyou.txt, other useless jerk) i am really frustrated all my 6 months effort to crack a single cctv password gone waste just bcoz of ur J*K tutorial... I just wasted the entire time... Initially i appreciated the tut. But when it comes to being a real pro H*k, man u need to show the real stuff how u created the passwordlist for cctv...

what is the video at the end? is it a walkthrough. if so can someone plz tell me how to fix when it does not load

can you hack hickvison cctv camera ip is http://172.31.132.130

Is it necessary that i m connected to same network whose ipaddress i m opening? When i put an ip (except mine) in my adressbar the site does not open.

Great Site....Everything useful and working.

Hi,

Great article. All I see is n/s or n/a? How to fix this please?

what can i do if the ip address are all show ready color and only 3 blue color what is the meaning and the ip address is not loading

There is a great deal of interesting info here. I was drawn here because I would like to see the CCTV camera downstairs which simply observes garbage dumps. More importantly, I would like to see the street cams. That would be more interesting.

The "garbage" CCTV is on my own network, so I should be able to access it. However, just plugging in the IP address always times out. It's "White Hat" hacking, since it is simply a matter of curiosity. The same thing goes for the street cams. There are also "Grey Hat & Black Hat" hackers, but we don't fall into that category. At least not me. I'm too old and lazy. (haha)

However, how do I get around the "timeout?" Any ideas? Thank you so much!

Friends ..... If I want to know username and passwd of CCTV login ... It is possible with wireshark .

because the login page of cctv camera is in http.... so I can monitor what username or passwd entered by the user using wireshark ...

Is it Work ??????

Hey sir.
Your video do not censores the ip addresses at one point. Now I can access the camera.
No I can't. Camera is down... :(
CENSORE YOUR COMPLETE IP!! Now everyone is knowing your IP address......
best regards
Alpha:))

Spoon feeding if you hack dont rely on a spoon feeding...google try to learn from yourself cause you will learn from ur self not by asking always...How can u say ur a hacker if your asking too much...Make ur own puzzle..

U want to be hacker? Think man...

hey
i tried to make it
step by step
my problem is with hydra
i dont know the http-get form
i use in burp suite
and this whats going on by click on login page after put username and pass

GET /ISAPI/Security/userCheck?timeStamp=1611189685634 HTTP/1.1
Host: 87.70.3.43
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:84.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/84.0
Accept: /
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
If-Modified-Since: 0
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest
Connection: close
Referer: http://87.70.3.43/doc/page/login.asp?_1611189596179
Cookie: language=en

what i need copy and paste in hydra ??

why i always got "0 host alive"

how to check my internet connection is broadband or not ?

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active