Null Byte is looking for moderators!
In today's Null Byte, we're hacking Netflix. As most of you know, Netflix is a subscription service that streams movies and TV shows to your devices over the internet. A common stance amongst my Xbox Live friends is that Netflix isn't worth the cost. The instant movies predominantly consist of old titles, and new movies aren't added often enough.
However, I persisted that the service is indeed worth it, if only so we could watch Netflix movies communally through our avatars (a feature that has since been removed).
My cheap friends stated, "If you get it for me, I'll watch stuff with you." So that is exactly what I did. Exploiting Netflix is rather easy. Let's check out how.
- Spare email accounts
- Spare pre-paid debit cards (these can be depleted of funds)
The process is simple. Netflix offers a free trial program for "new" users. We're going to exploit this weakness via prepaid debit cards. At the very least, if you lack spare prepaid debit cards, you can purchase them and get free Netflix for two months on each one, while the cards themselves cost only 3 dollars.
- Register for a free trial with Netflix.
- Use a fake name when registering to Netflix, to avoid potential banning if they catch on.
- When the month is up, create a Paypal account with the debit card that you used for Netflix already.
- Register for another free trial with your Paypal account.
This grants you two free months for every card, and it is pretty easy to get a hold of a used up prepaid debit card every two months.
Follow and Chat with Null Byte!