My name is nullf0x, and I have 4 years of experience as a hacker. You might see everyday that one of your friends or acquaintances get a new virus in their computer. You might think, How cool would it be if I made a virus? or How cool would I be if i could remove viruses from others computers for money or free?
If you are thinking like that, then you have come to the right place! Here, I will show you how to make a virus AND how to stop a virus. First we will read an overview on viruses.
There are many types of viruses out there. The list below contains the most seen or used viruses.
- Boot Sector viruses
- Browser Hijackers
- Program viruses
- Macro Viruses
- Polymorphic viruses
- Trojan Horses
These are the most common types of viruses.
You might wonder the same thing, how can I findout a virus? There are many ways to do that, such as,
- You can witness increased CPU usage and slow computer or browsers,
- Hanging of computer screens, freezing or crashing,
- Files being modified or deleted spookily,
- Installation of different files or programs,
- Repeated virus detection alerts from your antivirus,
- Firewalls once enabled, would be disabled,
- Mail service tweaking and strange computer behaviour,
If you experience these things mentioned above, that means you are infected.
There are many ways to do that, but I will list some widely used ones.
- Install and run anti-malware and firewall software. When selecting software, choose a program that offers tools for detecting, quarantining, and removing multiple types of malware. This will ensure that all incoming and existing data gets scanned for malware and that malware can be safely removed once detected.
- Keep software and operating systems up to date with current vulnerability patches. These patches are often released to patch bugs or other security flaws that could be exploited by attackers.
- Be vigilant when downloading files, programs, attachments, etc.
- Downloads that seem strange or are from an unfamiliar source often contain malware.
- Perform daily scans of your computer
- Disable autorun as some viruses are spread through removable disks and CD's. To disable autorun, read my article on "How to disable autorun."
- Don't click on email links or attachments as it is widely used as a form of virus spreading. It is also known as click-jacking.
- Use a hardware-based firewall.
- Use proxies if the virus is used to record your IP.
As I said, there are many types of viruses, and if you want to make one, there are a lot of options to choose with!
Backdoors are one widely used form of virus. It is simply easy to make one. If you want to make one quick, I recommend you using the softwares Netbus and SubSeven.
Prank viruses are fun to make and use! You can easily make prank viruses with Notepad by making Batch files.
To know more about batch files, type "Batch" in the searchbox
There is also another way to make these viruses, by using virus making softwares like BitTera Virus maker.
If anyone can make a virus, you can! Just use your inspiration and give kudos to this post!