Weekend Homework: How to Become a Null Byte Contributor (3/2/2012)
Last week, we had a great contribution from Christopher Voute, who introduced us all on some of the basic moves in Python. Now, who else will share their knowledge and tackle some of the topics below?
If you know a thing or two, don't hesitate to teach us what you've got, because we're looking for Null Byters on a weekly basis who are willing to educate the community. Contributors will write tutorials, which will be featured on the Null Byte blog, and if they're good enough, then maybe even on the front page of WonderHowTo.
There is no need to be intimidated if you fear you lack the writing skills. I will edit your drafts if necessary and get them looking great! You don't need to be a college professor to share your hard earned knowledge with everyone!
If you have skills and want to share knowledge on any of the topics below, please leave a response in the comments with which topic you would like to write, or message me privately. If you have any additional ideas at all, please submit them below.
And one last thing, if you come across a great news article or some helpful links, please post them to our Community Corkboard to share with the everyone!
- Intro to Code Injection — We get a lot of questions about just what makes a website vulnerable. An intro to injections with a few examples of recent attacks would be great!
- Intro to C++ — We have a lot of good Python resources on Null Byte, but we could use some variety, as well! Do you have experience here?
- How to Automate Admin Tasks — While a lot of the community is running Linux, not all of them understand the full power of the operating system. Write us a how-to explaining automating tasks.
- How to Get Arch Linux Running — We have more and more new users coming aboard and not all of them know about other flavors of Linux. I know we have some strong Arch users here, so come out and give us a hand.
- How to Use AirCrack — Show the community how to use AirCrack and why they should be using it.
- Intro to Snort — IDS are a scantly covered topic; teach us the ins and outs of getting it up and running.
- Networking Tutorials — We could use a few more solid articles and write-ups about networking. This is the system that runs the Internet and more people should understand just how it works.
- Help Out Wikileaks! — Dig through the juicy Stratfor leaks and help us hunt out the good ones. Who knows what you will find as more are released each day!
- Setting Up APACHE — Show the community how to set up an APACHE web server. Include set up and config for extra cake.
- Emergency Proxy Script — Code us a script that fetches and configures the proper Tor and I2P packages to allow someone who has a need for a quick proxy, but does not have the knowledge.