Here at Null Byte, we try to inform and teach the community on ways to navigate the Internet in that special way, as well as staying safe along the trip. That being said, I need some help from all of you! There is a lot of information to cover and I know we have some smart users lurking around. We would love to hear from you.
There is no need to be intimidated if you fear you lack the writing skills. I will give your articles an polish, if necessary, and get them looking great! You don't need to be a software architect to share your hard-earned knowledge with everyone!
- Write an Article on Anonymous File Sharing - Give us the ins and outs on how it works and how to set it up.
- Show Us How to Cover Your Steps - What logs should an aspiring hacker be looking for? What should they do? What shouldn't they do?
- Write a Doxing Script - In my doxing article, I brought up Pipl. Write us a script that scrapes the database! Dox-in-a-box!
- Write a Backtrack Overview - Give us an overview of BT5. Cover the installation and the included packages.
- How to Use Virtual Machines to Run Multiple Operating Systems - Let's face it, WINE is old and sometimes you need to get into a Mac environment.
- Give Us Your Best Social Engineering Tips - Can you talk your way out of anything? Can you talk your way into anything? Do you have any tips you could share with the rest of us? Why break a password when you can simply ask for it, right?
- Write a Batch Image Converter in Python - Create a script in Python to covert a batch of images to a specified resolution, convenient for storing larger pictures, keeping them on phones, or emailing. Even better if it removes metadata!
- How to Buy Hardware — The computer hardware market is changing every day. Help new users make informed decisions by giving an overview of what's hot and available out there.
- Mac OS X vs. Linux - Do you know OS X well? Help some of the community who lacks skills with it. Show us how it relates to Linux.
- Turn a PS3 into a Firewall - Go ahead, show us how to use a PlayStation 3 to create a firewall for our network.
It would be great to get to know the community better and hear your ideas on the future of Null Byte. I look forward to discussing information security with you on the forum!
If you have the skills and want to share your knowledge on any of the topics above, please leave a response in the comments with which topic you'd like to write about, or message me privately. If you have any additional ideas at all, please submit them below. You might have a much better idea.
And one last thing—if you come across a great news article or some helpful links, please post them to our Community Corkboard to share with everyone!