We're officially seeking Null Byters on a weekly basis who would enjoy taking their time to educate the community. Contributors will write tutorials, which will be featured on the Null Byte blog, as well as the front page of WonderHowTo (if up to par, of course). This is a job meant for anyone with the will to share knowledge. There is no need to be intimidated if you fear you lack the writing skills. I will edit your drafts if necessary and get them looking top-notch! You can write tutorials of any skill level, and anything you feel like sharing that is related to tech, hacking, psychology and social manipulation, or whatever other life hacks that you think mesh with our community.
This isn't inclusive of solely tutorials, even if you simply post useful links and articles to the corkboard, you are doing the community a huge favor, because at some point, someone will need the information you have provided. Let's continue to make Null Byte the best forum ever by stuffing it with the latest and greatest hacking tutorials and topics.
If you have skills and want to share knowledge on any of the topics below, please leave a response in a comment below with which topic you would like to write, post directly to the corkboard, or message me privately. If you have any additional ideas at all, please submit them below.
- How to Perform Buffer Overflow Exploits (Sol Gates, Pending)—Teach how to perform a basic buffer overflow exploit on any program of your choice. A video must be recorded of the overflow (due to sheer complexity of the exploit).
- Create a GoogleBot with Python & LurkLib(Frage Herpington, Pending)—Demonstrate how to create a bot to return Google search results using Lurklib, by LK-.
- How to Code a Web Spider in Python(Christopher Voute, Pending)— Teach everyone how to code a Python bot to crawl web pages and export them to a prettily-parsed list. Used for information gathering.
- How to Nmap from Behind a Proxy—Teach users how to Nmap from behind a proxy to mask traffic. I would also love if you added in BASH proxying, since the two are similar.
- Google Dorking for Weak Websites(Mr Falkreath, Completed)—A lesson about Google search queries that locate websites weak to particular vulnerabilities.
- How to Switch to Linux ZSH (Matthew Herman, Completed)—Teach users how to change the default shell and console over to the faster ZSH shell.
- Guide to Asking Questions—Teach the new Null Byters how to ask questions and what we expect before being asked a question (the person researched the topic beforehand, isn't just being lazy, etc).
- How to Make Homemade Napalm(The Bird AndBear, Pending)—Teach users how to make Napalm with home supplies. If you need to know how it's done, just ask me.
- How to Create a Custom Dictionary Maker in Python—Teach our coders how to make a custom dictionary maker for password cracking. Script should be able to do full ASCII words, and very clean and short.
- How to Code a War Dialer in Python Using Gvoice API—Again, if anyone needs the concepts, just ask me how and I will tell you how it's done and help you when you need it. Create a program to call people using Google voice and hang up (major point if you can push audio through from a local sound file when they pick up!).
- How to DOS Attack a Windows Media Share—Code an exploit to engage in a DOS attack against a Windows box running a media share. A successful DOS is when legitimate users cannot use the resources. This is simpler than you may think, inquire for details for proof-of-concept.
Want to start making money as a white hat hacker? Jump-start your white-hat hacking career with our 2020 Premium Ethical Hacking Certification Training Bundle from the new Null Byte Shop and get over 60 hours of training from ethical hacking professionals.