Are you the expert hacker we're looking for? Do you have a great idea for an article on Null Byte? Do you have a passion to write, and more importantly... teach?
We're officially looking for Null Byters on a weekly basis who are willing to take the time to educate the community. Contributors will write tutorials, which will be featured on the Null Byte blog, as well as the front page of WonderHowTo (providing it's up to par, of course).
There is no need to be intimidated if you fear you lack the writing skills. I will edit your drafts if necessary and get them looking great! You don't need to be a college professor to share your hard earned knowledge with everyone!
If you did not notice yet, I am new here! It would be great to get to know the community better and hear your ideas on the future of Null Byte. I look forward to discussing information security with you on the forums or in our IRC channel.
If you have skills and want to share knowledge on any of the topics below, please leave a response in the comments with which topic you would like to write, or message me privately. If you have any additional ideas at all, please submit them below.
And one last thing, if you come across a great news article or some helpful links, please post them to our Community Corkboard to share with the everyone!
- Intro to Sqlmap — SQL injections are a hot topic today! Teach the community a little about code injections with an overview of sqlmap.
- How to use Nmap from Behind a Proxy — Teach users how to Nmap from behind a proxy to mask traffic. Extra points if you use Tor or I2P!
- Intro to Programming — We have some mid-level python articles on Null Byte, but we could use some more entry-level texts!
COMPLETED: Thanks, Christopher Voute! See his article here.
- How to use Virtual Machines to Run Multiple Operating Systems — Let's face it, WINE is old and sometimes you need to get into a Mac environment.
- How to Config Openbox on Backtrack (sound must work!) — Sometimes you don't want all the fluff and pomp of Gnome or KDE. Show us how to configure Openbox as our window manager in Backtrack 5.
- Give us Your Best Social Engineering Tips — Can you talk your way out of anything? Can you talk your way into anything? Do you have any tips you could share with the rest of us? Why break a password when you can simply ask for it, right?
- How to Harden Your Linux Box — Fresh Linux install? Walk us through some of the steps of making it more secure then it is out of the box. Bonus points for defense in depth!
- Intro to TCP/IP — Are you a networking person? We could use an introduction to TCP/IP, its history and its use.
- How to Buy Hardware — The computer hardware market is changing every day. Help new users make informed decisions by giving an overview of what's hot and available out there.
- How to Torrent Securely — Explain how to use anonymous networks and private trackers to download safe from the prying eyes of your ISP.
Comments? Questions? Concerns? Leave me a comment!
Want to start making money as a white hat hacker? Jump-start your white-hat hacking career with our 2020 Premium Ethical Hacking Certification Training Bundle from the new Null Byte Shop and get over 60 hours of training from ethical hacking professionals.