We're officially seeking Null Byters on a weekly basis who are willing to take the time to educate the community. Contributors will write tutorials, which will be featured on the Null Byte blog, as well as the front page of WonderHowTo (IF up to par, of course). There is no need to be intimidated if you fear you lack the writing skills. I will edit your drafts if necessary and get them looking top-notch! You can write tutorials on any skill level, and about anything you feel like sharing that is related to tech, hacking, psychology and social manipulation—or whatever other life hacks you think mesh with our community.
This isn't inclusive of tutorials, even if you simply post useful links and articles to the corkboard, you are doing the community a huge favor, because at some point, someone will need the information you have provided. Let's continue to make Null Byte the best forum ever by stuffing it with the latest and greatest hacking tutorials and topics.
If you have skills and want to share knowledge on any of the topics below, please leave a response in the comments with which topic you would like to write, post directly to the corkboard, or message me privately. If you have any additional ideas at all, please submit them below.
- Misc. social engineering—Throw Null Byte any social engineering experiences you may have, whether it be scoring something for free, or getting private information, do tell. Should include detailed methods, and the psychology behind why it works.
- How to Make Moldable Explosives—The teacher can educate how to make moldable explosives using clay thermite, DIY C4, etc. Anything that fits the category works.
- How to Hack Voicemail Passwords—Make a tutorial on how to hack a voicemail passwords by making a program to bruteforce peoples PIN. You can use libraries—I actually encourage it to avoid bugs and extremely lengthy code.
- How to Hot Wire a Car—A tutorial on how to hot wire a car, and demonstrate if possible. Though, I know it can be hard to get a hold of a vehicle to play with that doesn't have a computer, so it's okay if you can't.
- How to Get into a Car Without Keys—Use any method, coat hanger, pin, etc. to unlock a car door.
- How to Make an Exploding Light Bulb—Teach users how to make an exploding light bulb using potassium nitrate.
- How to Make a DIY Smoke Bomb—You are expected to make a tutorial on how to make a relatively harmless smoke bomb. Anything you can create to make a smoke screen, without mixing dangerous chemicals, is cool.
- How to Get Multiple IDs—Teach the forum what goes into the manipulation behind scoring multiple IDs.
- Soldering on LEDs—Create a tutorial on how LEDs are soldered to PCBs. This should explain the hows and whys, but also what types of LEDs are better than others.
- How to Spoof Bit Torrent Seed Ratios—Teach Null Byte how to spoof data to trackers to make them think we are uploading more data than we actually are to boost upload ratios (which often unlocks features on sites, etc.).