The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim set off a bang in the video game world this month. It will likely be video game of the year a few times over. Skyrim is another part to a series set in the fantasy world of Tamriel, a world filled with mystical creatures, folklore, and even its own history. It's quite the beatuiful and immersive experience. If you have not picked up the game yet, please do (my fiancée even plays!). Also, make sure to buy it new, so the hard working coders at Bethesda get the money they deserve!
Fans of the Elder Scrolls series who have been playing since day one, or even fans who started from Oblivion, may notice that the game is quite different with the new leveling system. Personally, I think it is a huge improvement over the last system, and find it far superior. However, it takes a great deal longer to level up, as opposed to the former games.
Skyrim's experience system is more intelligent than its predecessors. Before, a player could raise their skills simply by casting a spell repeatedly, or jumping over and over (if you were an acrobat). The new engine in Skyrim only grants experience when the skill is used in a practical manner. Meaning, casting Conjure Flame Atronach will not give me experience unless the atronach sees battle, or Fireball, which doesn't grant experience unless the spell damages someone. Experience is also determined by point values, so the more damage you do, the more your spells cost, or the more it heals, the more experience you will recieve.
This system is not perfect, just like everything else. Null Byte is here to exploit every weakness we can in this leveling system to level up as quickly as possible. These are great little exploits and can be used to raise all of your spellcasting skills to 100 rather quickly. If you aren't the spellcasting type, request for me to write them for your class, and in three parts we can have a complete list of stat exploitation. This list is just what I have gathered from playing over the last week, so better methods may exist, but I doubt it.
- These exploits do not require you to have skill perks.
- It is recommended that you have the Mage Stone active.
The School of Illusion involves manipulating the mind of the enemy. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Fear, Charm, and Invisibility.
- Purchase the spell Muffle and cast it repeatedly. I raised my Illusion from 27 to 100 in 2 hours by casting this repeatedly. This skill raises XP no matter what, because it always muffles footsteps, regardless of circumstance.
- Purchase the spell Courage and repeatedly cast it on an NPC. This will arguably raise your skill even faster than the previous method I used, but I have not tested it enough.
The School of Conjuration governs raising the dead or summoning creatures from Oblivion. This skill makes it easier to cast these spells, as well as Soul Trap and bindings.
- Purchase Soul Trap and cast it on a dead body...over and over. This is a cool exploit. It works because the spell effects the body as if it were still alive, so you will continue to get experience. You have no idea how much faster this is than doing it normally (or maybe you do?).
The School of Destruction is the art of using the elements to physically damage your opposition.
- Summon either a Fire or Frost Atronach, and kill it with its opposing element (i.e. fire for frost atronach (recommended), and ice for flame). Since you are using the opposite element, your attacks do double damage and you can get in a bunch of hits before they will attack you back. This raises a ton for destruction, but also levels your Conjuration skill.
The School of Restoration involves control over life forces. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Healing, Turn Undead, and magical Wards.
- Balance. Casting spells that balance others out to raise skills rapidly. Use Helping Hands to heal someone while simultaneously hitting them with destruction spells.
- Use Equilibrium (procured from Labarythian) while cast a healing spell. One raises your magicka by depleting health, while the other raises your health by delpleting magicka. How ingenious!
The School of Alteration involves the manipulation of the physical world and its natural properties. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Waterbreathing, magical protection, and Paralysis.
- Cast Waterbreathing in a puddle of water repeatedly. This tricks the game into thinking you are submerged.
- Pick up and throw an object repeatedly with Telekinesis.
- Use Equilibrium (gotten from Labarythian) while casting a healing spell. Again.
- Cast a spell like Stoneflesh while next to an enemy that can't get to you, or one that doesn't see you.
- Buy as much iron ore as you can, and cast Trasmute, which will change it into silver, and then the silver into gold. It raises the skill a bunch, and makes you tons of money.
The more powerful the enchanter, the stronger the magic he can bind to his weapons and armor.
- Drink potions before enchanting to enhance the skill and increase it faster.
- Enchant everything you find.
- Disenchant everything that you do not have an enchantment for.
- Sap your enchanted weapons charge, and then refill it with a soul gem. The more you fill it, the better.
Want to start making money as a white hat hacker? Jump-start your hacking career with our 2020 Premium Ethical Hacking Certification Training Bundle from the new Null Byte Shop and get over 60 hours of training from cybersecurity professionals.
Other worthwhile deals to check out: