We're officially seeking Null Byters interested in teaching others! Contributors will write tutorials, which will be featured on the Null Byte blog, as well as the front page of WonderHowTo (if up to par, of course). This is a job meant for anyone with the will to share knowledge. There is no need to be intimidated if you fear you lack the writing skills. I will edit your drafts if necessary and get them looking top-notch! You can write tutorials of any skill level, and anything you feel like sharing that is related to tech, hacking, or anything else that we discuss here.
This isn't inclusive of solely tutorials, even if you simply post useful links and articles to the corkboard, you are doing the community a huge favor, because at some point, someone will need the information you have provided. Let's continue to make Null Byte the best forum ever by stuffing it with the latest and greatest hacking tutorials and topics.
If you have skills and want to share knowledge on any of the topics below, please leave a response in a comment below with which topic you would like to write, or message me privately. If you have any ideas at all, please submit them below.
- How to Perform Buffer Overflow Exploits (Sol Gates, Pending)—Teach how to perform a basic buffer overflow exploit on any program of your choice. A video must be recorded of the overflow (due to sheer complexity of the exploit).
- Create a GoogleBot with Python & LurkLib - (Frage Herpington, Pending)—Demonstrate how to create a bot to return Google search results using Lurklib, by LK-.
- How to Code a Web Spider in Python—each everyone how to code a Python bot to crawl web pages and export them to a prettily-parsed list. Used for information gathering.
- How to Nmap from Behind a Proxy—Teach users how to Nmap from behind a proxy to mask traffic. I would also love if you added in BASH proxying, since the two are similar.
- Google Dorking for Weak Websites—A lesson about Google search queries that find websites weak to particular vulnerabilities.
- BASH Basics (Mr Falkreath, Completed)—Teach the most essential BASH techniques to us all, including commands, and scripting.
- How to Switch to Linux ZSH —Teach users how to change the default shell and console over to the faster ZSH shell.
- Custom Encryption—Encryption of files and reversing should be taught here. This could be shown in the form of a program (Python, preferably).
- Text Ciphers—How basic test ciphers and obfuscation work. Include major ciphers as well as a custom one.
- How to Create an Alarm—This tutorial should be done using hardware you could buy from an electronics store. Any other cool hardware hacks that you could do are strongly encouraged.
If interested, just let me know! I'm tired of being the sole contributor, we're a community!
Image via PBS
Want to start making money as a white hat hacker? Jump-start your white-hat hacking career with our 2020 Premium Ethical Hacking Certification Training Bundle from the new Null Byte Shop and get over 60 hours of training from ethical hacking professionals.